Anybody order a 622 recently? Might want to wait until 4/1/06

I have a question about the price. If I paid the $299 is that a cost because I bought the unit and it's mine to keep or is it just a lease? I have 2 510 DVR's that I paid $99/each for about 3 years ago and they are mine to keep and now that I got the 622 I want to sell the 2 510's.
Thanks

I hope this isn't a stupid comment, but I'm wondering why everyone is saying that their 622 needs to be installed. I have DirecTV, not Dish, although I'm thinkng about switching to Dish. Whenever I get a new DirecTV receiver I just hook it up myself and call to get it authorized. Why do the Dish receivers need to be installed by someone? Please enlighten me!

mdntblu said:
I have a question about the price. If I paid the $299 is that a cost because I bought the unit and it's mine to keep or is it just a lease? I have 2 510 DVR's that I paid $99/each for about 3 years ago and they are mine to keep and now that I got the 622 I want to sell the 2 510's.
Thanks

The $299 is an upgrade and installation fee, the 622 will be leased.

Captain Spaulding said:
I hope this isn't a stupid comment, but I'm wondering why everyone is saying that their 622 needs to be installed. I have DirecTV, not Dish, although I'm thinkng about switching to Dish. Whenever I get a new DirecTV receiver I just hook it up myself and call to get it authorized. Why do the Dish receivers need to be installed by someone? Please enlighten me!

I was told that part of the upgrade deal was that a technician had to install it. I tried to get them to just ship it and I would install it, but she said that it was not an option.

I think it's stupid. They could save time and money if they would just let the people who want to install it themselves do it. I guess it has something to do with the 90 day installation guarantee.

Captain Spaulding said:
I.....Why do the Dish receivers need to be installed by someone? Please enlighten me!

Seems that in many cases there's some dish and/or switch juggling to be done since the HD LiLs will be in MPEG-4 and possibly from another satellite. In many areas that means a swap-out to the D1000. I've read in several threads that if the sub. is set to go and has and can swap the equipment himself, then E* will activate the 622 with a cancellation of the scheduled installation. So it all depends on what you need vs. what you're willing to do/buy yourself: dishes, switches, add'l room wired, etc. YMMV...!

I'm going to wait a bit until the dust has settled. Maybe there will be some other promotions besides the 921/942 trade-in after 4-1, which is what started this thread and seems to have been lost somewhere along the way...

Yep that's what I was waiting for, good confirmation that they wanted the trade ins so I ordered in late Feb.

I will still get more than 200 bucks out of the tuner and who knows, maybe they will sweeten the pot a year or so from now in order to get them off the street.

me too

txfeinbergs said:
WTF!!! I ordered on February 14th and still have not gotten mine. Set for an April 3rd install. Something sounds really fishy here.

I ordered my 622 on 2-14-2006 @ 4AM and was given an install date of 4-1-2006. I've been wondering how others are ordering after that and already have their 622. Did you do any checking and is your 622 actually on order?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts