Anybody recognize this sat rcvr?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trscott

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
Oregon
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5874395030&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

See the ebay listing above:

Anybody recognize this thing? Could this be a commercial broadcast distribution receiver for radio or TV stations? I am going to be involved in setting up a small LPFM broadcast station at a small school, and I gather that the broadcast radio stations get a lot of their programming over some sort of satellite service. Thought this might possibly be one of those?

Anybody recognize this sat rcvr?

Billion Here

e-mail and ask owner for more info, should be a model number on the receiver

can`t tell anything by the pic.:bounce

ok the pic would not open all the way for me for some reason now i see this

(DX Antenna Companny DSA-656 Analog Receiver) some sights show this as

a primestar not shur sorry not very helpfull

Last edited:
The info is posted on the link...

THIS IS A PROFESSIONAL SATELLITE RECEIVER DX ANTENNA CO MODEL DSA-656 IT HAS 2 VIDEO OUT PUTS WITH A VIDEO LEVEL CONTROL. I THINK IT ALSO HAS A DE SCRAMBLER BUT I AM NOT SURE. IT DOES HAVE A BALANCED AUDIO OUT. 19" RACK MOUNT WAS WORKING WHEN REMOVED FROM SERVICE

trscott said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5874395030&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

Anybody recognize this thing? Could this be a commercial broadcast distribution receiver for radio or TV stations? I am going to be involved in setting up a small LPFM broadcast station at a small school, and I gather that the broadcast radio stations get a lot of their programming over some sort of satellite service. Thought this might possibly be one of those?

Most commerical radio networks use Starguide III platform and this is not one of them, so uses for radio would not be likely. Christian Radio stuff uses the Unity 4k and also Comstream platforms for their stuff...

Looks like a receiver that was used to receive some Video feed at some point.

I saw that on ebay as well

trscott said:

...looks like a commercial rack mount job!
Jeff

This is an analog reciever used in a cable system head end

This is an analog receiver used in a cable system head end. I just recently went to work for a cable system after having been a satellite installer and at our head end we have about 30 old ones laying in the floor. They are mounted on racks and each receiver is for one channel. They are then combined into a single line and sent out into the system.

No need to shout

Krapola said:
How is this so confusing?

THIS IS A PROFESSIONAL SATELLITE RECEIVER DX ANTENNA CO MODEL DSA-656

All Caps, is like shouting on the net...(sure you know that):)

Hi there...we all help each other here and something people (including myself) find certain things confusing. (been into Buds since 1976)

Welcome here and I for one look forward to hearing from someone like yourself....obviously, you have a great deal to contribute!

Regards
Jeff

gizzer777 said:
All Caps, is like shouting on the net...(sure you know that):)

Hi there...we all help each other here and something people (including myself) find certain things confusing. (been into Buds since 1976)

Welcome here and I for one look forward to hearing from someone like yourself....obviously, you have a great deal to contribute!

Regards
Jeff

Jeff no shouting here...the exact words in my first post and second post are taken directly off of the ebay link....I certainly would not go thur the trouble in changing the words that someone else typed....I am just curious how questions keep being asked about what this Rx is when the exact description is posted on ebay...If curiosity is the quesiton, google is yer friend on finding details of the DX Rx posted...
Secondly, my contribution here is basically the opposite of most...I live in the Contribution or source side of this area of interest(Earth Station), not the home user side...

I understand...

Krapola said:
Jeff no shouting here...the exact words in my first post and second post are taken directly off of the ebay link....I certainly would not go thur the trouble in changing the words that someone else typed....I am just curious how questions keep being asked about what this Rx is when the exact description is posted on ebay...If curiosity is the quesiton, google is yer friend on finding details of the DX Rx posted...
Secondly, my contribution here is basically the opposite of most...I live in the Contribution or source side of this area of interest(Earth Station), not the home user side...

And I did not intend to be Harsh! I cannot type and make consistent typos, turn on the caps lock key by accident and BASICALLY appear to be illiterate:)

Again my apologies if it came off that way!
regards
Jeff...
BTW: Your knowledge is greatly appreciated at this end!:)

Regards
Jeff

Any tech info about it ?

[Found the only one thread about the receiver ...]

So, I saw it today - the guy asked $40 for it - too much for the junk, I gave him $5, but got no deal. :)

Should I go back and make new offer ? The box support C and Ku as I see on front panel. What else you know about it ?
Is it pure analog ? What inside of it ?

Attachments

• DSA0.JPG
    DSA0.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 144
  • DSA1.JPG
    DSA1.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 174
  • DSA3.JPG
    DSA3.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 134
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts