Anyone else have issues with 211 Audio synch?

jakek82

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
I'm having major issues with audio/picture synch on my VIP-211. :mad:
The most noticeable problems occur when I watch HD channels, which is probably linked to the fact that I’m using a digital audio connection between 211 and my home theater system.

Is E* aware of this problem?

I have a vip -211 and a 811, the 211 has the synch problem only with some HD channels so i put the same channels on the 211 & the 811 and the 211 has the synch problem and the 811 does not so i call tech support and talk to a CSR there and basicly like everything that dish puts out.

HERE IS WHAT HE SAYS: (The 211 has some bugs and we will be seeing more software updates as calls for problems come in to E* and we see what are the most common problems, but we just put out the new L263 software but are getting reports that it did not help with the synch problem, So we have to learn as we go as it is a new receiver and we just put it out in the field for use and expected problems)

MY RESPONCE: So it sounds just another 811 nightmare that will get fixed and work great just as it is time for the next receiver upgrade kind of backwards if you ask me.

HIS RESPONCE: Well we dont force customers to buy this new HD receivers but the demand was so big we released them and will see what we have to fix over time sorry you are haveing problems but we are doing what we can to keep up with the demand that customers want as far as HD goes so in the mean time we cant do anything but keep trying to see what we can do and send software updates and see what works and what dont.

MY RESPONCE: So what do suggest we do in the mean time.

HIS RESPONCE: Just Bare with us as we will do everything we can to fix the problems it is a learning curve for us also rebotting your receiver will help in the mean time.

MY RESPONCE: Hope something gets done fast as myself and im sure other customers are getting flustrated and wont take much more but i will give it time and see Thank you.

HIS RESPONCE: Ok sir is there andthing else i can help you with.

MY RESPONCE: No not at this time.

HIS RESPONCE: Thanks for calling dish network.

Last edited:
I have the audio synch problem and it only happens with the digital audio output. A new software upgrade is supossed to spool today so hopefully this one will fix it.

RandallA said:
I have the audio synch problem and it only happens with the digital audio output. A new software upgrade is supossed to spool today so hopefully this one will fix it.

Here's a newsflash, I'm not using the digital audio output. I'm connected through RCA cables for my audio, and it only happens with my NBC HD feed (Channel 6308).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts