Anyone else have trouble paying their bill on Dish's Website?

angiodan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Cape Coral, Florida
I have tried for the last few days to pay my bill online like I have for years. I keep getting a "your payment cannot be processed at this time, try again later" message. I thought it might be a credit card problem, but when I tried my checking account, same issue. Today I tried from my reciever, and the same.

Anyone else out there with this problem?

It's always "undergoing maintenance". I have to end up calling more than I can do it online, but I refuse the autopay which is what they really want.

It's always "undergoing maintenance". I have to end up calling more than I can do it online, but I refuse the autopay which is what they really want.

This is the first time I have had an issue, and it has been going on for days. Tomorrow is my due date, so I'll try again. I'm not calling, if their website and payment methods through the reciever don't work, then they will get their payment when "maintenance" is done.

I've been doing some looking into this, and we are not having any maintenance (that anyone knows of) on our online payment system. For now you can make the payments through our robot phone system, and it was recommended filling out a form at DISH Network - Contact Us By Email - 1.800.823.4929 . When you fill out the form, change the category to "Webmaster" and leave the error message details if possible. The other option is to PM me, and I can get the payment processed for you.

Thanks Matt. I tried again this morning and still no luck. I called and even with the automated system, it didn't process, so I then said I would use a different card, and used the same card. That worked, so maybe there was an issue with the stored card info in Dish's system.

Last edited:
Paid mine on-line on Tue. In the past I have always used a cc. This time I tried to use a Visa debit card instead and it wouldn't take it. After a second unsuccessful try I just used the checking account method instead and that worked fine.

Not sure what I'll do going forward. I really don't like someone having direct access to my checking account so that method does not sit well with me. OTOH, I'm really trying to stop all use of CCs for a couple of reasons that I won't go into here. I'm under the impression that using a Visa or MC debit card provides a layer of protection that I don't get using my routing and account numbers for direct withdrawal. Maybe I'm wrong about that. (Maybe that pertains only to buyer's protection and not fraud protection?) Can anyone elucidate ??

I had the same issue yesterday paying the $99 HD For Life fee. The same prompt of "payment cannot be processed at this time". Then I pulled the trigger again and got a prompt that the "first payment was accepted, do you want to make another $99 payment"? So I am not sure if the $99 went to the HD For Life or if I paid part of my Jan bill earlier than the Jan 21st auto debit payment date.

I just called the 800 number listed in Matthew's post above and spoke with someone who straightened out my account. My payment was recorded as an account payment, not a HD For Life,so the CSR applied the amount to the correct item. So yes, I would say there were issues yesterday with the payment portal on the Dish website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)