Anyone else just get local guide data?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MichaelC

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 22, 2004
MA
I just got guide information for my local off the air stations. Does anyone know the story behind this. Did Dish change their policy? I thought guide data was only available if you subscribed to local's from Dish. I like it. It's going to be a lot easier to record now.

I was about to post here about this. Odd. When I call to RMA my broken ViP722, I think I'll ask about it, and ensure they haven't suddenly started charging me for OTA.

So when Dish provides your locals, are they still in yellow as they are when rec'd OTA?

I was about to post here about this. Odd. When I call to RMA my broken ViP722, I think I'll ask about it, and ensure they haven't suddenly started charging me for OTA.

So when Dish provides your locals, are they still in yellow as they are when rec'd OTA?
Nope, Dish Provided Locals are in Blue. Only the OTA channels are in yellow.

Geoff

Doesn't matter much to me; they still don't carry guide data for all of the channels in Kansas City. 29.2 is a THiS station, playing movies and classic TV, and Dish has no guide data beyond "Digital Service."

Nope, Dish Provided Locals are in Blue. Only the OTA channels are in yellow.

Geoff

Thank you. Now I'll have to look over "All Channels" and check my bill. And if all is well, keep my mouth shut. :D

It's aggravating; the ViP family has NO PSIP guid data, the DTVPal family has ONLY PSIP guide data, and neither does name-based recording. Unless it's a ViP and you pay a monthly fee for it.

Thanks for nuthin' Charlie!

I am very supportive of Dish in general. However, I believe if they are providing an OTA tuner, they should provide, at a minimum, PSIP data. If I recorded more OTA, I'd buy another DTVPal DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)