Anyone every use a multistar ms90 hh motor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shicks4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2015
Kansas
I probably already know where this leads but im gonna ask anyways. So the KU setup i bought to start out with came from sodoun as a kit with a 90cm geosat pro dish, a universal ku lnbf, a multistar ms90 motor and a sathawk PVR300hd. The motor woked with the sathawk receiver(sorta but more the receiver then motor maybe) worked with both usals and DiSEqC 1.2. So i bought a linkbox 9000i local and hooked it up to the ku setup and it worked for 4 days no problem, now if i select a different satellite it moves all the way to the east or west then refuses to move the motor. If i plug the x2 box back in the motor works fine. Could it be a weird chineese motor or could my linkbox had something go bad in it?

Does the movement to the mechanical limit happen on USALS and/or DISEqC modes?

Doubt it is the motor. Sounds like the Linkbox 9000i USALS set-up menu Longitude setting is set to East instead of West...

does it in both modes, and i double checked to make sure it was set to 98.02w for longitude, even switched it back to east and it said beyond limit

Before resetting the Linkbox, I would master power cycle the Linkbox and remove the motor power, then retest. If that doesn't work, do a reset on the motor (this will erase the saved DiSEqC 1.2 motor positions and assignment numbers in the motor memory).

Does this problem happen if the Current and/or GoTo satellite has a Horizontal channel /TP selected?

How does one go about resetting the motor? Is there a button inthe motor itself? I don't recall seeing one on the motor

That is a STAB hh90 clone motor. It may require a special STAB programmer, a STB with reset function (old Fortec Star Ultra or Pansat 1500) or a PCI tuner card. Check the manual or with Sadoun.

I have several pieces of gear to generate the DiSEqC reset string if you run out of options. :)

Does not appear to matter if it's a horizontal or vertical. It won't move the motor at all. I hooked up the sat hawk box and moved the motor to the zero position. Then I did a a master power reset on the linkbox. Also while the linkbox was booting I left coax disconnected. I then powered the linkbox off again and unplugged it while I hooked the coax back up. For good measure I left it unplugged for a good 3 or 4 minutes. Booted it back up and it won't do anything again with the motor in either mode. I'm wondering if the motor is just weird and I should buy a stab motor

After calling the guy i bought the Linkbox from and doing several tests, resets, firmware updates , and hooking it up to the c-band system and it failed to move the dish with the asc-1 we determined something went wrong with the receiver. all of the other receivers i have still function normally. Thanks though Brian

Yeah it was only 5 days old. We knew for sure it wasn't sending commands once we hooked it to the Asc1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)