Anyone every use a multistar ms90 hh motor?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shicks4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2015
Kansas
I probably already know where this leads but im gonna ask anyways. So the KU setup i bought to start out with came from sodoun as a kit with a 90cm geosat pro dish, a universal ku lnbf, a multistar ms90 motor and a sathawk PVR300hd. The motor woked with the sathawk receiver(sorta but more the receiver then motor maybe) worked with both usals and DiSEqC 1.2. So i bought a linkbox 9000i local and hooked it up to the ku setup and it worked for 4 days no problem, now if i select a different satellite it moves all the way to the east or west then refuses to move the motor. If i plug the x2 box back in the motor works fine. Could it be a weird chineese motor or could my linkbox had something go bad in it?

Does the movement to the mechanical limit happen on USALS and/or DISEqC modes?

Doubt it is the motor. Sounds like the Linkbox 9000i USALS set-up menu Longitude setting is set to East instead of West...

does it in both modes, and i double checked to make sure it was set to 98.02w for longitude, even switched it back to east and it said beyond limit

Before resetting the Linkbox, I would master power cycle the Linkbox and remove the motor power, then retest. If that doesn't work, do a reset on the motor (this will erase the saved DiSEqC 1.2 motor positions and assignment numbers in the motor memory).

Does this problem happen if the Current and/or GoTo satellite has a Horizontal channel /TP selected?

How does one go about resetting the motor? Is there a button inthe motor itself? I don't recall seeing one on the motor

That is a STAB hh90 clone motor. It may require a special STAB programmer, a STB with reset function (old Fortec Star Ultra or Pansat 1500) or a PCI tuner card. Check the manual or with Sadoun.

I have several pieces of gear to generate the DiSEqC reset string if you run out of options. :)

Does not appear to matter if it's a horizontal or vertical. It won't move the motor at all. I hooked up the sat hawk box and moved the motor to the zero position. Then I did a a master power reset on the linkbox. Also while the linkbox was booting I left coax disconnected. I then powered the linkbox off again and unplugged it while I hooked the coax back up. For good measure I left it unplugged for a good 3 or 4 minutes. Booted it back up and it won't do anything again with the motor in either mode. I'm wondering if the motor is just weird and I should buy a stab motor

After calling the guy i bought the Linkbox from and doing several tests, resets, firmware updates , and hooking it up to the c-band system and it failed to move the dish with the asc-1 we determined something went wrong with the receiver. all of the other receivers i have still function normally. Thanks though Brian

Yeah it was only 5 days old. We knew for sure it wasn't sending commands once we hooked it to the Asc1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)