19=20
21=30
22=14 yellow
23=21
27=21
30=27
31=37
32=24

The CSRs and techs must be advised to deny a problem. The situation is now so widespread I don't know how they'll survive till that new sat (Ciel2) is operational in what April 09? Charlie usually has an alternate plan...where could he move all the HD if the 129 croaks? 61.5 is too low in the sky for alot of us. Would have been there in June 06 if it were an option.

and low noise lnb

1=23
2=16 yellow
3=22
4=35
5=32
6=13 yellow
7=23
8=32
9=38
10=32
11=22
12=35
13=39
16=30
17=33
18=12 yellow
19=20
21=30
22=14 yellow
23=21
27=21
30=27
31=37
32=24

The CSRs and techs must be advised to deny a problem. The situation is now so widespread I don't know how they'll survive till that new sat (Ciel2) is operational in what April 09? Charlie usually has an alternate plan...where could he move all the HD if the 129 croaks? 61.5 is too low in the sky for alot of us. Would have been there in June 06 if it were an option.

Whoa! Those are low and even with a 24'' dish. I understand that you're in WA but they still seem to be too low.

I've been reading a disturbing discussion regarding 129 (Echostar V) in an adjacent string. It appears 12 solar panels have failed on 129.

Quite frankly, I'm simply appalled by Dish's lack of honesty and disclosure... especially the blatant lies that they've been feeding us all, "they're unaware of their problems." All the wasted time on phones and service calls...

If you want a sobering read, check this string out: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/135185-echostar-6-moved-72-7wl.html

I've been reading a disturbing discussion regarding 129 (Echostar V) in an adjacent string. It appears 12 solar panels have failed on 129.

Quite frankly, I'm simply appalled by Dish's lack of honesty and disclosure... especially the blatant lies that they've been feeding us all, "they're unaware of their problems." All the wasted time on phones and service calls...

If you want a sobering read, check this string out: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/135185-echostar-6-moved-72-7wl.html

I just had to trim some out grown tree branches and then peaked the DISH while tunned to 129 and watching the signal strength meter bar graph and was able to get. (Menu > 6> 1 > 1)

TP31 = 47
TP01 = 25

What did it for me was peaking the "skew" while watching 129 signal strength on TP31, I got maybe 8-10 point boost from what it was from the orginal install and now HD on 129 is pretty solid.

and low noise lnb

1=23
2=16 yellow
3=22
4=35
5=32
6=13 yellow
7=23
8=32
9=38
10=32
11=22
12=35
13=39
16=30
17=33
18=12 yellow
19=20
21=30
22=14 yellow
23=21
27=21
30=27
31=37
32=24

Been there and its pretty annoying, you only need few more points on signal meter to be in a safe zone for the weak 129 transponders

I'm West Coast... 1000 (1 dual LNB and one single LNB) 129, on some transponders, the signal strength is somewhere between '25-28', others' maybe, '30-35'. That seems quite low to me, and it constantly fluctuates between those numbers.

Do any of you think the LNB's plastic opaque lens cover, through time, heat, and sun exposure, could impair the LNB's ability to see 129 optimally? All of mine look pretty weather beaten (more whitish and seemingly crusty/dusty film, decomposing).

Would an inline passive amp assist (the kind that draws power from the receiver via the coax, like the LNBs do)?

I'm trying to think of every possible angle to prepare myself to direct the installer make the best adjustments and/or changes as possible.

The CSRs act like this is a new issue, but from reading posts here at SatGuys, it has become obvious, it isn't just me experiencing these issues.

This morning I spoke with another CSR. She alluded, personal supervision helps in the following aspects,

1.) Make sure the installer confirms a consistent 'earth ground' is established. Make sure they test for that aspect, as it may help eliminate static charge accumulation.

2.) Have the installer check 'signal strength' via the 'in/output' of the cable for possible 'coax violations', 'increased resistance/attenuation'.

3.) Make sure the installer makes the proper 'azimuth', 'elevation', 'skew' for 119, and reports to you, those numbers. Then ask/encourage the installer to kindly 'tweak for more gain off of 129'.

What Signal Strength are you seeing on 129 TP1 and TP31

What Signal Strength are you seeing on 129 TP1 and TP31

At 05.15 GMT / 9:15 PM

TP01 = 27
TP31 = 50

That's a bazaar spread!!!

But as battery power is depleted, it'll drop. I think Dish should shut down some TPs, to conserve power. Maybe they can't work that way. Adding more channels may stress 129 even more... why don't they just trash the offending TPs that don't have the panels to support them, or is it all or nothing?

Your 129 TP31 signal strength is a couple of points higher then what I get and I have not had any "acquiring satellites" warning since peaking 129 TP31 to a "47 signal strength" a few weeks ago. Maybe something else is going on.

Understand, even with the numbers I have off of 129 (E5), I'm experiencing anomalies on a regular basis, and now — lost signal...

Dish is sending out service on Monday to upgrade my 1000 to a new 1000.2. I'm going to really try to get the installer to skew and tweak to the most precise position possible for maximum gain off of 129 (E5). I sit in a semi-healthy footprint in the central far west (based on the attached map from levibluewa), that is, unless it has shrunk due to 129's (E5) power restrictions. But given comments from people across the nation, it appears those in the northern most positions suffer the most as they sit on the edge of the footprint, while the rest of us are still subjected to the normal annoyances, yet we are now subject to signal loss as well, but when Bradtothebone stating, even he is subjected to dropout as well in Kansas City, it makes you wonder... no matter where you are, 129 (E5) still is a sick bird, and there may be little to do other than tweak a little here and there, and hope for the best. My concern are the lost panels, and the lack of ability for 129 (E5) to power itself, as well as maintaining its orbital position. Its become apparent, 129 (E5) is running out of fuel to keep it in its position, as well.

Based on bradleys comments from NW, a larger antenna is and option, but I don't think Dish would pay and install it, for a dedicated Dish for 129 (E5) reception, nor am I comfortable putting out the personal additional capitol, as 129 (E5) may just simply fail...

Regarding E11's launch scheduled for Tuesday... its original slot was announced as 110. The question, is E11 still going to 110... where will 110 (E8) go... perhaps 129?

The discussions over at 'Echostar 6 to be moved to 72.7wl', contains very well though out analysis of the present situation, which contains scenarios, and potential solutions, but at the same time, they mention Dish at present, is not in a healthy position. The fleet of SATs, given E10 is sick as well — if there are anymore failures, the discussions are painting a rather dismal picture... Its tough to look at the glass as half-full, at this juncture.

Attachments

• EV_ku-band.gif
    EV_ku-band.gif
    79.1 KB · Views: 113
I experience the same thing on TBS, TNT and locals. I use the 1000.2 dish which has 110, 119 and 129 and the 500 dish for 61.5 for local HD. I was told by others on this forum to disconnect the 129 from the LNB and run a switch check and it should make all the ones on 129 go to 61.5. I live in NE NC and I haven't tried it yet but if the trouble continues, I will.

If you're using a 1000.2 dish, you can't disconnect 129. Unless you have what is called a W bracket on the end, with 3 separate LNB's that tie into a switch somewhere. Most 1000.2 dishes us a DPP LNB, yes it does have 3 "eyes" but it is all built into one piece. You can hook 1 port off of the LNB to the receiver and if it's tuned correctly it will see all 3 satellites. So there is no way to unhook 129. Best you could do is move it to where you lose 129 altogether but still hold 110 and 119(then rerun checkswitch) or maybe, (but it looks bad) cover the 129 lens with aluminum foil.

you cover the 129 eye with tin foil, then run a check switch on the receiver and then go out and uncover / remove tin foil and your good to go - you don't have to leave the tin foil on the lnb for this to keep working properly - i just did this recently since they added my Atlanta HD locals to 61.5 I no longer need 129 and besides the 129 bird absolutely sux

At 05.15 GMT / 9:15 PM

TP01 = 27
TP31 = 50

That's a bazaar spread!!!

But as battery power is depleted, it'll drop. I think Dish should shut down some TPs, to conserve power. Maybe they can't work that way. Adding more channels may stress 129 even more... why don't they just trash the offending TPs that don't have the panels to support them, or is it all or nothing?

There's nothing on TP 01 so I wouldn't worry about that one.

Wow, I had animal planet on around 5 pm ish eastern daylight time and I lost signal for the first time. I've seen occasional drop outs but this went on for a solid 4 minutes until it actually lost signal. Then back to beautiful picture as if nothings wrong, then an hour later, same thing on another HD channel. I checked signal strength on 129 tp 17 and it was 32. I'm so going to switch to D* if this continues.

Its actually worse now somewhat than it was before I had my Dish re-pointed by the third tech support trip. Levibluwa...What do ya think? I really do want to stay with Dish since I have two 622 HD Dvr's and I'm also bundled with my DSL. Just hate the hassle and extra expense of switching.

Its actually worse now somewhat than it was before I had my Dish re-pointed by the third tech support trip. Levibluwa...What do ya think? I really do want to stay with Dish since I have two 622 HD Dvr's and I'm also bundled with my DSL. Just hate the hassle and extra expense of switching.

I was having problems with 129 this year. I assumed it was tree issues, but after reading all these posts I'm not so sure since 129 was fine last summer.

Anyway, Dish replaced my 1000.2 with two Dish 500s - one pointed at 61.5 - and things have been just fine. Maybe that's an option for you?

Jeff, so you're getting absolutely no signal loss or pixelization on HD channels? I'm willing to do that, since they have been out here three times and still having the same problem. I know nothing about satellites, though by reading on this forum, I am learning. they didn't offer me that option? Will Dish charge for the additional satellite as if I'm buying equipment?

Mark...

if 61.5 is an option I'd go that route. I would have done the same but it is too low in the sky from where I sit.

It appears that the 129 is going out. It use to be only a problem here (N of Seattle), the West coast, S Texas, S Florida. Now it is different.

I switched to Directv on the direction of the DISH installer that did the upgrade for me to HD. Glad I did. Sorry it took me a year-and-a-half.

Good luck Mark.

PS...If they try and charge you to repoint to 61.5, tell them you'll switch to Directv. By the way, the CSRs and the technical support people will deny there's a problem with the 129. Stand your ground...you know different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)