Anyone Experiencing 129 Issues?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hey Levi

Thanks. Here's my question. This 129 from what I have read is a problem. But like Jeff in INDY says above, He has no issues. That's what I don't get! Why is the Dish Network forum not flooded with people having issues with this if its as bad as it is? I mean, I certainly am having issues, You were/did. Seriously, Today, the conditions here in Lex were ideal, 80s and light breeze no clouds and my line of sight is great the techs say. Oh well, thanks will see what I can do but I'm not holding my breath.

Since I got L511, I have been getting "morphing pixelations", and a few drop outs on 129 channels. I have two 622s, and didnt get L511 until over a week later on the 2nd 622 during which time the 622 w/o L511 was fine. As soon as the 2nd 622 got L511, it started with the pixelations. The problem is the same with L512.

I should also state that most of my 129 TPs are in the mid-50s, 4 in the 40s but a few are even in the low 60s...so I'm in pretty good shape signal-wise compared to a lot of you...

So, me thinks something other than low signal may be causing this. I only notice it on 129, and only during the 30 days or so with L511/L512.

Since I got L511, I have been getting "morphing pixelations", and a few drop outs on 129 channels. I have two 622s, and didnt get L511 until over a week later on the 2nd 622 during which time the 622 w/o L511 was fine. As soon as the 2nd 622 got L511, it started with the pixelations. The problem is the same with L512.

I should also state that most of my 129 TPs are in the mid-50s, 4 in the 40s but a few are even in the low 60s...so I'm in pretty good shape signal-wise compared to a lot of you...

So, me thinks something other than low signal may be causing this. I only notice it on 129, and only during the 30 days or so with L511/L512.

Do you have a dedicated DISH to 129 or a 1000.2? I have a 1000.2 and my signal flucuates a lot. The highest Transponder is 31 and it is usually in the mid to high 40's and the worst is probably Transponder 7 with the signal going from mid 20's all the way down to 10-15 at times in good weather. By the way I am in San Antonio so with you in Austin I could not believe you got that good a signal on 129.

Do you have a dedicated DISH to 129 or a 1000.2? I have a 1000.2 and my signal flucuates a lot. The highest Transponder is 31 and it is usually in the mid to high 40's and the worst is probably Transponder 7 with the signal going from mid 20's all the way down to 10-15 at times in good weather. By the way I am in San Antonio so with you in Austin I could not believe you got that good a signal on 129.
I have a 1000+ which is 23.8" x 30.9", no dedicated dish for 129, but the 1000+ is larger than the 19" x 24" 1000.2.

I just checked TP7, and that one is at 50 for me. I'm getting a 63 on TP31.

Sounds like your dish may need a re-point?

I have a 1000+ which is 23.8" x 30.9", no dedicated dish for 129, but the 1000+ is larger than the 19" x 24" 1000.2.

I just checked TP7, and that one is at 50 for me. I'm getting a 63 on TP31.

Sounds like your dish may need a re-point?

It sounds like you might be right. I have never gotten higher than 30's and 40's on 129 though. I even had the Tech peak mine for 129. I may be doing a Dish it Up in the next month so if I do I will have them repoint at that time as long as my signal does not get worse. I really dont get dropouts hardly at all. When the signal is as low as 11 or 12 I still get a clear picture. It is only when it goes red at 10 when I lose it and that has happened just a couple of time since I noticed the big fluctuation in signal which by the way coincided with DISH adding more channels and using more transponders on 129.

It sounds like you might be right. I have never gotten higher than 30's and 40's on 129 though. I even had the Tech peak mine for 129. I may be doing a Dish it Up in the next month so if I do I will have them repoint at that time as long as my signal does not get worse. I really dont get dropouts hardly at all. When the signal is as low as 11 or 12 I still get a clear picture. It is only when it goes red at 10 when I lose it and that has happened just a couple of time since I noticed the big fluctuation in signal which by the way coincided with DISH adding more channels and using more transponders on 129.

I don't believe they added any transponders on 129 recently. They've always had some sitting broadcasting nothing they've just filled them content recently.

Service call: Installation of 1000 to 1000.2 today... HD Only Service + HBO, MAX, SHO, Starz

I can't begin to express the games Dish appears to be playing. Recall, I made absolutely clear, prior to the Monday service call, a 1000.2 would be installed at no cost to me, in order to justify taking the day off.

When the field tech showed, the ticket was written in such a way, I had to pay for the upgrade. This is after the senior tech CSR told me, without question, no charge for the 1000.2. It literally took and hour, on the phone today, talking to about four different people to get authorization for the 1000.2 and labor.

The field tech and I used a pair of hand-radios to try to tweak the signal as sweet as possible. It turns out, it appears I've picked up a few points off of 129, but 110 has been sacrificed a bit, but appears to fall within safe numbers.

BTW: My field tech's job assignments are for trouble shooting only. He was very well qualified.

The ultimate test will be watching signal fade on both 129 & 110 as the evening progresses.

At 10.10 GMT, 14.10 local signals are...

129: TP01=32, TP31=52
119: TP11=56
110: TP1-10=37-51 (some spot beams were well over 100)

p.s., My satellite antenna ground was incorrect, he corrected the fault.

Last edited:
I don't believe they added any transponders on 129 recently. They've always had some sitting broadcasting nothing they've just filled them content recently.

Well when they added the channels that is when I noticed my lower signal and the bigger fluctuation. Maybe just coincidence but it did start then. I just think the main thing is 129 sucks and needs to be replaced quick. I will get the DISH repeaked for 129 again.

Hey Jmjunkin...

what do you show for tp6? That one is always a winner...TBSHD.

Also, I've posted before, but in case any of you missed it. Experience here in the great NW at the edge of the 129 footprint. Started out with a 18" pointed at the 129. Not good! DISH then installed a 24" dish pointed at the 129. Better. Signal loss was still 2x an hour, but the period of time without a signal was cut from 3-6 minutes every 30 minutes to 1-3 minutes every 30 minutes. Except for tp 6 which was lost about 6x an hour for various periods of time...1-8 minutes each time.

Tried a 1000+ thinking "bigger is better"! Not the case. The 24" was slightly better.

By the way, the install was agreed upon in advance by the DISH techs to be "no charge". The pink slip I signed indicated $0. When the bill showed up there was a charge of $199.00...took a couple of months to get it to go away, but I kept the signed copy of the receipt which indicated $0.

Also, I've posted before, but in case any of you missed it. Experience here in the great NW at the edge of the 129 footprint. Started out with a 18" pointed at the 129. Not good! DISH then installed a 24" dish pointed at the 129. Better. Signal loss was still 2x an hour, but the period of time without a signal was cut from 3-6 minutes every 30 minutes to 1-3 minutes every 30 minutes. Except for tp 6 which was lost about 6x an hour for various periods of time...1-8 minutes each time.

Tried a 1000+ thinking "bigger is better"! Not the case. The 24" was slightly better.

By the way, the install was agreed upon in advance by the DISH techs to be "no charge". The pink slip I signed indicated $0. When the bill showed up there was a charge of $199.00...took a couple of months to get it to go away, but I kept the signed copy of the receipt which indicated $0.

For Transponder 6 I show a 20 right now. It is usually a little better than 7 for me but not much.

Jeff, so you're getting absolutely no signal loss or pixelization on HD channels? I'm willing to do that, since they have been out here three times and still having the same problem. I know nothing about satellites, though by reading on this forum, I am learning. they didn't offer me that option? Will Dish charge for the additional satellite as if I'm buying equipment?

It's been very reliable. The only signal loss I've seen is during severe storms, and 61.5 definitely lasts longer than 129 did in bad weather. With two Dish 500s, I'm also getting higher signals on 110 and 119 which again helps with rain fade issues.

Everything Leviblue said is true and having been through the same issues I echo what he has to say. I never wanted to leave Dish but that failing POS at 129
finally put me over the edge. If I was still with Dish and heard all the stuff about Eastern Arc I would have gone ballistic. Dish pretends there is nothing wrong and feels their priorities are out east. Why they expect people to dole out the same fees out west for inferior service is beyond me.

I was playing around with the 90cm last night hooked up to the 722. I didn't write down the numbers and TP's but it was neat seeing 70's on 129, 90's on 119, and 70's on 61.5. If I remember correctly I was seeing higher numbers on 129.

I was playing around with the 90cm last night hooked up to the 722. I didn't write down the numbers and TP's but it was neat seeing 70's on 129, 90's on 119, and 70's on 61.5. If I remember correctly I was seeing higher numbers on 129.

By the time I left last October I had stepped one at a time from a dedicated 500 to a 24 inch to a 30 inch. The 30 inch worked the best and I was able to peak a very good signal with it. Of course the problem occurs every 20-30 minutes when the signal drops. In the end I left because I felt it was crazy paying full price for a degraded service, especially after D10 was operational. I now pay less and get more and am not being driven to distraction waiting for my signal to drop while watching TV.

I'm trying to think of every possible angle to prepare myself to direct the installer make the best adjustments and/or changes as possible.

The guy's an installer, what is needed is a man in a spacesuit. The problem is in the sky, not on the ground.

This morning I spoke with another CSR. She alluded, personal supervision helps in the following aspects,

1.) Make sure the installer confirms a consistent 'earth ground' is established. Make sure they test for that aspect, as it may help eliminate static charge accumulation.

2.) Have the installer check 'signal strength' via the 'in/output' of the cable for possible 'coax violations', 'increased resistance/attenuation'.

3.) Make sure the installer makes the proper 'azimuth', 'elevation', 'skew' for 119, and reports to you, those numbers. Then ask/encourage the installer to kindly 'tweak for more gain off of 129'.

All their standard SMOKE SCREEN. They checked the grounding, rewired the whole house, tweeked the dish numerous times. The solution was Directv...no picture loss.

Sorry, but that is the bottom line, at least here, upon the direct advise of the DISH installer!

Why isn't Scott reporting anything regarding 129? Now that would be a useful news service.

Objectively, I see Scott's close proximity and personal relationship(s) with Dish's executive staff, and benefactions, precludes his ability to provide objective reporting on 129 and 110, as well as any other topic(s) that may pose a real challenge to the companies' (Dish Network and Echostar) bottom line(s).

It is my belief, it is best for Scott not to comment on 129's (E5) issue(s)... all should understand and respect his present position and relationship(s) with said companies.

Furthermore, I believe Scott has been aware of these issues for quite some time. His evasiveness speaks volumes as to his present position(s) and Scott's inability to speak from both, neutral and objective positions, given his present relationship with both Dish Network and Echostar. I would imagine, Scott has been included, at times, in discussions pertaining to Echostar's fleet and Dish Network operations, that precludes him from discussing, nor elaborating on many issues, publicly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)