Anyone Have A Cosmos Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

grampaD

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
I bought my C-band system in '86 with a 10' Cosmos mesh dish. I remember being told at that time that it was compatable with C/Ku analog receivers but my receiver and lnb were C-band only and I never tried to use Ku on it. I would like to know if anyone is familiar with this dish and if it will function properly with a Ku set up. Thanks for any information anyone may have.

If the mesh is small and you can't pass a pencil through the holes and if the dish is not damaged missing any panels or warped it should be fine for ku-band.

Cosmos

Hello, I am new to site and just snooping for information regarding ku band. The answer is yes. I also own a Cosmos:) 10.5 dish same vintage. The manual shows specifications: Gain c-band/ku-band (41.0db/48.3db) Aperture efficiency c/ku (72%/42%) f/D ratio (.42) and Focal length (53 9/16 inches).

Welcome

HEY ujuana! Welcome to the C-Band section of the community! Or, :welcome in dfergie's words. :) Thanks for your input! Hope to hear more from you!

thanks,
somery

I visited Cosmos' factory near Medford, Oregon back in early 1987, while moving from Alaska to southern California. Quite an operation at the time...but it was ruined by lawyers. They did a marketing agreement with Chaparral to make a private label antenna, and ran into some legal problems, which were eventually settled in the favor of the Cosmos folks. But all of their enthusiasm for the business got wiped out by having to go to court to prove their case. Once they got a settlement (shortly after building a large beautiful new facility), it was decided to get out of the business completely. Sad thing, because those antennas performed very well in their day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts