Anyone have E* and D* at the same time?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
=\
I'm debating if I should get E* and D* just to have D* for the NFL season, but the farm of dishes means holes in my roof =\
not sure if i should take the plunge

I have a clear view to the South and live in the country... have a C-Band dish outside and 1 inside the yard plus a Phase III for my legacy Direct receiver,a Dish 500 for 110/119 a Dish 1000 for 129 a Dish 300 for 61.5 and a Slimline for my Mpeg4 Direct receivers along with a Fortec 80cm FTA dish all mounted on the South side of my home... I have a dish ranch ... Take the plunge ;)

3 dishes for me One D* slimline and 2 Dish 500's from E*. Waiting for ne Eastern arc Dish,then I should only have 2 maybe 1. Slowly dropping my D* service. Keeping my 2 SD receivers for now. Dopping my HR-20 and H20.

Have both at my parent's house. Have 3 dishes, eventually will be 2 once Eastern Arc is up. 2 are for Dish Network & 1 AT-9 for Directv all next to each other around the chimney side of the roof. Only can see them from the backyard. I'll take a pic later, as I heading there now, and will post it.

Have 3 dishes on poles outback of the house-3 in a straight line.. One for 61.5 hooked into the second pole with a 1000.2 sat dish. THen the third pole has directv on it with a slimline dish. I hope to change out the first two to a 129 sat or 148 sat dish, because you can still plug it into the new 1000.4 sat dish for the eastern arc come September.

Dropped my D* HD and Deactivated my HR-20 and H20. I'm keeping my SD DVR for just a little while, Then I'm backing out of my remaining contract. Right now with D* I have Family pack with DVR and R16,and D10. E* is my primary tv provider from here on out.

Dropped my D* HD and Deactivated my HR-20 and H20. I'm keeping my SD DVR for just a little while, Then I'm backing out of my remaining contract. Right now with D* I have Family pack with DVR and R16,and D10. E* is my primary tv provider from here on out.
Would it be cheaper at this point to buy out the remainder of your Direct contract?

Would it be cheaper at this point to buy out the remainder of your Direct contract?
Its close. I'm having a hard time Dropping D* completely ,Being as I've had them the longest,and with Having 2 providers for almost a year its tough ,the though of having only 1 ,But I gotta do it . Me and the Wife agreed we will keep some SD service for Now.

I have both on my roof and neither visiblle from the road.

The HOA likes it that way.:)

Other then the sports packages, what is the advantage of having both services?

No atvantage for me anymore. At first when HD was brand new ,Last Summer, It was nice to see who had what. But now its close enough with the HD neworks it doesn't matter to me anymore. My HD fetish is slowly falling off. Sooner or later I'm sure everything will be HD ,Then what will we have to talk about?

No atvantage for me anymore. At first when HD was brand new ,Last Summer, It was nice to see who had what. But now its close enough with the HD neworks it doesn't matter to me anymore. My HD fetish is slowly falling off. Sooner or later I'm sure everything will be HD ,Then what will we have to talk about?

3D :D

There are "channels" that are unique to each service. DIRECTV has many sports advantages while DISH has more movies and adult content. DISH has a much larger selection of foreign language channels but some prefer the specific channels that are exclusive (DBS-wise) from DIRECTV. DISH has Sirius and Muzak while DIRECTV offers XM.

Rather than compromise, some choose to get everything they want.

Do you have a farm of dishes on your roof?

Owe yes, I have 5 dishes on my room plus an OTA.

Wife not to happy.

Dish, direc and starchoice.

I know, its over kill...but i love to have everything and only watch at bedtime
makes perfect sense.

Now with dish having same linup as direc its bye bye dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)