Anyone have E* and D* at the same time?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, I have E* and D*, but I only have 2 dishes. One slimline, and one superdish.

We're getting ready to move, however, and I don't plan on spending whatever Dish Network would charge me. We only have locals through dish, because Directv doesn't offer them (at least yet).

When I move, instead of spending the money to Dish Network to move the dish, I'm just going to cancel, and I'm going to buy an AM21. We have 2 channels, NBC and Fox that aren't yet in digital, but they will be in about 2 months. That'll solve my locals problem and save me $10 a month.

Edit: actually I'll be saving $15 a month, because I have a 625.

Have a Dish 500 and my old Voom dish on the edge of the back roof for E* and a Slimline dish on a pole in the backyard for D* none visible from the road, and since I live in the country it wouldn't matter if they were. With my ClubDish credits for the next 8 months it is costing me $18.23 a month for HD only pack and $54 a month for D*, DVR advantage. 722 for E* and HR-21-700 for D*

As promised to the OP, here is the pic of my parent's house with the pic of the D* and E* dishes.

Attachments

• dishes.JPG
    dishes.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 181
Anyone have dishes visible from the road?
My E* install was going to take place but my D* dishes are taking up the area thats needed (due to trees and such) now im debating if I want to put a dish that is visible from the road.

Satjay...

Sorta forced to have both services because DISH can't supply an HD signal. I had to go to Directv for HD (upon the advice of the DISH installer), kept minimum DISH for the Superstations.

Hopefully DISH will replace that hunk-of-junk 129 before Hell freezes over and give some of us options again.

Just noted a post about the 129. Someone wrote that it was designed for 110 and when they moved it to 129 the footprint got all screwed up. First time I had seen that analysis.

Just noted a post about the 129. Someone wrote that it was designed for 110 and when they moved it to 129 the footprint got all screwed up. First time I had seen that analysis.
Nobody but Echostar or DIRECTV could have placed a DBS satellite at 110W as that slot has been spoken for for a long time. As it is, I think D* only has three or four TPs there.

A partial failure is what is wrong with the satellite at 129W.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts