Anyone have this happen when 'moving'?

nazz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
I called E* to 'move' to an HD locals market which went smoothly with the CSR. I logged into my online account after the call and saw the appropriate service address added. I noticed that the new DMA locals were there to add as new programming even though I already subscribe to locals. I went ahead and added them which it said was successful.

Now I have my new HD locals at the beginning of the guide as expected but up in the 8000's I discovered that I also still have my original SD locals as well. If this lasts, I will still have access to local sports and news while using the other channels for HD programming. Is this typical, temporary or did I get really lucky?

Thanks. It would have been nice but I'm happy with getting the HD.

That happened to me. Lasted about 6 months, until I physically moved and used dish mover. The ticket the installer had had my programming on it and it had 2 DMA's. He thought it was odd too. Needless to say, it was gone that day and I only had the city I had "moved" to.

I called E* to 'move' to an HD locals market which went smoothly with the CSR. I logged into my online account after the call and saw the appropriate service address added. I noticed that the new DMA locals were there to add as new programming even though I already subscribe to locals. I went ahead and added them which it said was successful.

Now I have my new HD locals at the beginning of the guide as expected but up in the 8000's I discovered that I also still have my original SD locals as well. If this lasts, I will still have access to local sports and news while using the other channels for HD programming. Is this typical, temporary or did I get really lucky?

Hmmmm, I would think this would HAVE to be rectified internally at some point. Otherwise, what's to prevent someone from continuously moving and just picking up the locals in each area? I know they sometimes forget to switch your locals when you move, but I would think once you try to add locals from your "new" city the computer would remove the locals from the old city.

A few months ago a guy posted here that it was possible to get (2) DMA's locals and if you PM'd him, he'd tell you how to do it. I did and this is how he did it too.

hmmm. I still only have my old locals and not getting the new ones. I also logged into my dish account online but can't see anything about the programming that I am subscribed to...

hmmm. I still only have my old locals and not getting the new ones. I also logged into my dish account online but can't see anything about the programming that I am subscribed to...

Log in and go to locals under add programming. See if the new DMA is available to select and add it if it is.

maybe its because I go through TDS, BUT I am pretty sure that I can't do this. The only thing I can do is look at my bill, which says is actually late lol, BUT then it alsso says I have a balance of 0.00 so strange lol. One other question...by "moving" do I have any changes in the rest of my channels. As in, will the rest of the national channels be affected in any way?

I just recently did this as well, and I have a question - are you being charged for both sets of locals, or just one set. In my case, I don't want my 'original' locals if I will be charged for them. Thanks.

I have been receiving both sets of locals for about a year now since I 'moved'. Unforunately I pay for both but that is fine I am glad to have my real locals and my 'moved' locals.

i'm about to do my annual "move" south to north carolina for better coverage of acc basketball season on fox sports net south and i figured this year i'll try and keep my baltimore locals while i'm at it. i have not yet done the "move" but will do it shortly. currently, when i login to my dish network account, go to add programming, and select local channels, i get an error:

Due to technical difficulties, we are unable to process your request at this time. You may try again in a few moments or contact the Customer Service Center at 1-800-333-DISH (3474) for account assistance.

is this normal behavior before the "move" or do i need to wait until this error condition goes away before calling up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)