anyone having problems with D* H20 ird?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cheebs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 15, 2005
I have had 3 of them go bad. They download the update, reboot, and when it's time to load the guide, it just searches for signal. Same symptom with all 3 ird's... any thoughts? :mad:

cheebs said:
I have had 3 of them go bad. They download the update, reboot, and when it's time to load the guide, it just searches for signal. Same symptom with all 3 ird's... any thoughts? :mad:

If all three showed the same symptoms, I would suspect another problem, like bad wiring or a loose connection somewhere. Possibly the dish is misaligned.

raoul5788 said:
If all three showed the same symptoms, I would suspect another problem, like bad wiring or a loose connection somewhere. Possibly the dish is misaligned.

nope, nope and nope. 3 different locations, all worked fine before they took the update. I'm stumped, H10 works fine at same said locations.

cheebs said:
I'm sorry, for this question . Which update are we talking about? Are you forcing it ?

cheebs said:
nope, nope and nope. 3 different locations, all worked fine before they took the update. I'm stumped, H10 works fine at same said locations.

These are three different installs? It may be a PSIP problem with a local channel. My H20 will start resetting if there is a bad data stream from a local channel and I tune to that channel. When I contacted them, they claimed there was no problem on their end, but there were similar reports all across the state. After a day or two, the problem goes away.

rockaway1836 said:
I'm sorry, for this question . Which update are we talking about? Are you forcing it ?

I'm not forcing it. These are new ird's that were connected at their locations, and as soon as they were connected, immediately downloaded an update. After the download they were bricked... as soon as the reboot sequence finishes and it's time to download the guide, it jumps between 'searching for signal' and 'acquiring info from satelite' but never finishes loading the guide, it just stays at that point.

I remember reading that D* was going to implement some spot beam tech that would render 'out of area' equipment unusable. I'm wondering if this is it?

I had this happen to me one time. At the bequest of D Tech Support I forced an upadate with the same results as you are having. I unplugged the receiver and started over. Next time it took fine. But to have it happen to 3 is strange.

Go to your setup and make sure the right dish (3-LNB - 5-LNB or other choices) is selected. We had ours get changed during an update and had the same problem. Once we selected the right dish, everything came back.

Just a thought and thing you can check.

lou_do said:
Go to your setup and make sure the right dish (3-LNB - 5-LNB or other choices) is selected. We had ours get changed during an update and had the same problem. Once we selected the right dish, everything came back.

Just a thought and thing you can check.

Thanks for the suggestion, but no go. I de-activated all of them and will replace them with H10s. H20 just plain blows.

I had the same problem, 'searching for signal', on my H20 after powering it off at the power strip. After no luck power cycling it and doing a hard reset (button), I tried entering a channel number. The channel worked fine. Did a jump to previous channel and got the same message. Turned out when it powered up, for some reason it came up on an OTA digital channel even though I had the channel blocked (no antenna connected). :what

H20 problem

My H20 works good using componet cables but not with the HDMI wire. I don't think it's my HDMI wire.

It took me three H20's before I got one that worked both on the HDMI and component outputs. That was in April - talking with the tech support folks back then, it seemed they knew they had a bad batch of hardware.

gct said:
It took me three H20's before I got one that worked both on the HDMI and component outputs. That was in April - talking with the tech support folks back then, it seemed they knew they had a bad batch of hardware.

Do you know which manufacturer code?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)