anyone heard about DTV's software problems?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directdummy

Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Hi,

I just got a visit from a tech about my directv problem: I can't get my locals back after running setup on my tv. The tech told me that it is a technical issue via DTV's software. I have a D10 receiver and according to the tech, when first installed it will accept DTV's software and get the locals. BUT, if you lose locals it will not put them back. He said only DTV can resolve it since it is a technical problem. He said DTV knew about it for about 3 days, yet when I called yesterday they said nothing about it.

He also said that the only option from him is for his company to replace my rec with a refurb (which I think mine is anyway) and it will accept the software. However, he said either DTV or his company told him that he has replaced so many that he is no longer allowed to replace them, only to refer us to DTV.

directdummy said:
Hi,

I just got a visit from a tech about my directv problem: I can't get my locals back after running setup on my tv. The tech told me that it is a technical issue via DTV's software. I have a D10 receiver and according to the tech, when first installed it will accept DTV's software and get the locals. BUT, if you lose locals it will not put them back. He said only DTV can resolve it since it is a technical problem. He said DTV knew about it for about 3 days, yet when I called yesterday they said nothing about it.

Sounds like the problem I had after an upgrade to my H10. It switched my antenna setup from the three lnb to the single. I lost my locals and HD channels, until I moved it back to 3 lnb. Just a thought.

problem solved

The tech called and said his boss found a workaround for the receiver. He had me reset the receiver and lo and behold, miracle of miracles, some software started to download. It is really sad you have to go thru 10 people, a tech and tech boss, just to get what you should get to begin with. :confused:

Oh, well, thanks for the feedback.

P.s.

Just so you know, I did go thru all the different setups - over and over again, with each person I talked to. Why all the sudden a software download was available I will never know :)

So low and behold NOT a DirecTV software issue, sad that the 1st call to your installer or a teh couldn't get it solved.

Please lord bring back the quality IRD manufacturers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts