Anyone in NE Iowa?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm in Missouri...

used to be near Iowa though... about 10 miles south of the border when I was attending Truman State U. in Kirksville

I was born in the Quad Cities, grew up in Ottumwa, spent two years at graduate school in Cedar Falls, and a few months in Lamoni. But for the last 9 years, I have lived in the south.

Also, it appears Mastermesh and I are fellow alumni as I went to NE Missouri State (before the name change to Truman). :)

Small world! I was curious if there were other FTA'ers here. I have only seen one or two ku band dishes in my travels.

Hi Ia.f.b. ...
Lived in Waukon for 7 years, now in SW Iowa for the time being... have
a 31 and 36 incher next to the farm house.

Peter

Good to hear from fellow Iowans! There are more than I thought! I know there are a few from our neighbor up north - MN.

You've only seen a couple of KU dishes? Try looking in neighborhoods with a lot of immigrants. In the small, couple-block area where I walk my dog there are four (not counting mine) None are motorized, all appear to be pointed at IA5; Asian families probably watching the Laotian channels.

In the past year or so, KU dishes are been showing up more and more in Storm Lake, which has a fairly large Asian population. Mine is the only one I've seen with a motor, so I expect us hobbyists are greatly out numbered by those watching the foreign language channels.

Yes, I have only seen a couple. In the ethnic neighborhoods, I seen TONS of Dish 500's. There are some rental house (very large old and run down 3 story type) that have upwads of 8 dishes on the sw corner of the house. It is weird :)

Almost all the hispanics here have Dish 500s, very occasionally there will be a hispanic home with Direct TV, but it's quite rare. I don't know what the difference is between the Spanish packages, but Dish must be favored at least 10 to 1 over Direct.

Direct Tv doesn't have our (Sioux City) locals and Dish does, but that's not the reason... you need a SuperDish for the locals and that's not what they have, they have the Dish 500s.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)