Anyone know type and size of this BUD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
I cant believe that after passing this house for so many years to work i never noticed this dish untill the other day.It looks intact but unused due to evergreen tree growning in front of it and other trees blocking LOS.Thinking about stoping by in the spring to see if the owner would like to part with it.Anyone know its size?To me it looks to be a 8 to 10 footer.

Attachments

• 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    499.6 KB · Views: 339
  • 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    317.9 KB · Views: 358
Looks like a keeper, Don't wait till spring, put your name on it NOW! Move it in the spring. 10ft SAMI?

Last edited:
The rib arrangement is consistent with a Unimesh 10', but it could be something else. Let us know what brand it is, will you?

All you need is a semi-warm day, and you can move it much sooner than spring. The panels store nicely in any basement.

looks like the 10 foot unimesh i have. pretty good dish. cant believe they planted them trees directly in front of it. haha.

crackt out,.

Oh, if that's a 10'er, it's on a nice piece of pole, too!
Haul the dish off at first opportunity.
If you put off pole-digging 'till summer, that's fine, but do get it all!
Good luck, and let us know when you confirm brand and your ownership. ;)

Thanks again everyone but i still think ill wait till spring to knock on the door.Its been there awhile so a few more months cant hurt.I want to take the hit and run aproach!If i talk to the owner now it will give him or her plenty of time to find out how much these dishes are worth! My thinking is to go there set a deal and take it away before they find out how much thes BUDs are worth Plus with close to 3 feet of snow on the ground and frigid temps! ill wait it out.Hope scott or some of the other CT members here dont find this location and snatch it from me.:)

By looking at the polar mount and the rib on the dish this is a 10 ft UNIMASH

Thanks again everyone but i still think ill wait till spring to knock on the door.Its been there awhile so a few more months cant hurt.I want to take the hit and run aproach!If i talk to the owner now it will give him or her plenty of time to find out how much these dishes are worth! My thinking is to go there set a deal and take it away before they find out how much thes BUDs are worth Plus with close to 3 feet of snow on the ground and frigid temps! ill wait it out.Hope scott or some of the other CT members here dont find this location and snatch it from me.:)

Hit and run is my modus operandi. But hit while the dish is still there, or you'll suffer a regret that is painful.

Snow looks like it would be a nice cushion when lowering the reflector to the ground, but frigid temps are not pleasant or beneficial.

I my self have 2, 7.5' Unimash dishes and one 10 ft Unimash dish they are very good dishes for C-KU reception and they build like a rock.

I got a 10 ft Winegard that is around 20 years old now and is still working fine. Got both C and Ku on it and gets most everything else others are getting. Got a 12 ft Conifer that was given to me last summer that was new in 1983 that I plan to setup this spring. Hope it does as well as the Winegard does.

I wouldn't wait until spring as someone else could also ask for it as I just got a 10 foot Winegard dish and a 450i receiver and they had no problem waiting for me to get it in the spring. Just remember that finding good dishes can be hard!

Attachments

• img060.jpg
    img060.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 214
  • img061.jpg
    img061.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 203
Unimash made 3 different mounts for the 6' ft Dishes, AZ mount with 2.5 OD, polar mount 2.5 OD, and polar mount 3.5 OD
If the dish mount is 2.5 OD you can get a fence pipe at Home Depot

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)