Anyone know what would cause this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bkushner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Audubon, NJ
After a reboot, I get a Searching for Signal 771 when I tune to channel 544. All my signal tests are perfect, and if I switch around the guide finally 544 will come in and I don't get the 771 until next time I reboot.

Has anyone have an idea as to what this is? I was first alerted to the problem whenever I tried to record 544 and got a black screen and nothing recorded.

Thanks

Brian

what Dish/Service do you have?
What receiver model does it?
How many HD/SD receivers do you have?

I had an issue like this with an HR20-100 for channels on the 119. If I found I that when I was having an issue, I could go to the signal meter and find that transponders were not reporting a signal, either odds or evens. In the end it was the LNB that had failed (after 3 hours of troubleshooting on the phone and a replacement box).

Post the details that Jef Card asked and it would be much easier to help.

Sorry about that. I have an HR21-700 with a new slimline dish. Been set up about 6 weeks. Single receiver. I didn't notice this at first so I'm not sure the problem was present all along. When I did notice this was a few days after I had to reboot because my receiver locked up after a power failure. I am using a 1TB External drive as well. When it's happening to me all signal checks are OK that I can see. What sat and transponder is channel 544 on so I can check next time?

Thanks

TMC (544) is broadcast in SD on sat 101 tp 27. If you are watching it in HD, it is somewhere on the 103 (b). Make sure your B-Band Converters are installed. Signal strength should be higher than 70 to get reliable signal, 80s-90s are your best bet as usual.

If you continue to have problems, swap the lines between Sat In 1 and 2. For some reason, tech support likes you to try this. You can even swap the BBCs as well.

Another option is that you may try removing the SATA HDD... this is a new feature that may still have bugs.

If that doesn't work... hop over to the CE Forum for instructions on how to force a software download. Be sure that there isn't an active CE during the time you download, or else you may get a surprise. For this I assume you are running on a National Release, even though it wouldn't hurt too bad to revert from a CE version.

After all those steps, I am fresh out of ideas. Hope something here helps, if not give Tech Support a call and let us know what the findings are!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)