Anyone know what's up with Orby?

What exactly, is clear? No one knows what is going on. Continually rehashing guesses over and over isn't going to make it any more "clear." It's just speculation and isn't helpful.
Friend I agree with you that it's been endless guessing.

But what's clear is nobody has been charged for upcoming service after passing due date. No existing customer can contact said company. On the surface these alone seem very damning. Like everybody else JMO.

I STILL HOPE THEY CAN FIGURE IT OUT AND STAY FOR THE LONG HAUL! I never even set up that dvr I got on sale from BB. :crying

First thing to do is see if you have a signal....Menu,Settings,Orby TV Information and see if your SM strength and SS strength.. that will tell you if its Satellite signal issue or subscription is out... Even if they cut your sub off you should have a signal...
Mine has 0's for both

My "sub" ended in January. It's been running in something similar what we used to call "Open key" on C-band with my former subscription still available on all channels I bought since expiration. No interruptions. Just BEFORE this thread went up on this site, and the day before the site stopped allowing logins by customers, an end date in march was on my account which should have said "January." ... but I had not sent a payment since December to January....and there have been no unauthorized charges on any accounts. Now that some of you are expiring, you're finding the same situation. It's been like this actually longer than you think. Again I say: we wait, we watch, we wonder. Enjoy!

Reactions: Howard Simmons
My "sub" ended in January. It's been running in something similar what we used to call "Open key" on C-band with my former subscription still available on all channels I bought since expiration. No interruptions. Just BEFORE this thread went up on this site, and the day before the site stopped allowing logins by customers, an end date in march was on my account which should have said "January." ... but I had not sent a payment since December to January....and there have been no unauthorized charges on any accounts. Now that some of you are expiring, you're finding the same situation. It's been like this actually longer than you think. Again I say: we wait, we watch, we wonder. Enjoy!
Orby collected payment from me last bill cycle, but not this month which ended the 22nd. I guess we wait, they don't respond to customer care email.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Screenshot 2021-02-28 224933.png

Guess I'll have some spare FTA dishes to play with! Cool! Nice that they left the existing recordings and ability to record OTA intact (at least on mine) when shutting down, too. That's more than the "big" guys do when they shut down a receiver...doubt the unopened ones will be able to do so, but someone will test I'm sure.

Guess I'll have some spare FTA dishes to play with! Cool! Nice that they left the existing recordings and ability to record OTA intact (at least on mine) when shutting down, too. That's more than the "big" guys do when they shut down a receiver...doubt the unopened ones will be able to do so, but someone will test I'm sure.
That ability might vanish when the activation finally expires. My Dish receiver worked for months after ending my account. At least they didn't send a KILL signal.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
That ability might vanish when the activation finally expires. My Dish receiver worked for months after ending my account. At least they didn't send a KILL signal.
Ready if they do anything like that anyway. I just don't see them bothering. There's nothing on satellite from them anymore, and it would do them no good to bother deactivating receivers' OTA recording. TabloTV has been my "go-to" for OTA recording for years now, and..the Channel Master units are darn nice, too. I've put a few of those in for friends who report good results.

Reactions: N5XZS and KE4EST
Good deal?? Wally's are under $50 if you buy one and what's the$150 activation fees if you're not in a contract? Heck I have the RV account which is monthly no contract and I wasn't charged any activation fees
Hey friend where are you finding wallys at under $50...? TIA

Ready if they do anything like that anyway. I just don't see them bothering. There's nothing on satellite from them anymore, and it would do them no good to bother deactivating receivers' OTA recording. TabloTV has been my "go-to" for OTA recording for years now, and..the Channel Master units are darn nice, too. I've put a few of those in for friends who report good results.
Does TabloTV allow for commercial skip or at least fast forward?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)