This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Anyone know where I can find what new channels will DTV be adding?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

User_Name

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 18, 2005
Anyone know where I can find what new channels will DTV be adding? I noticed that Dish has more channels then DTV. There's a least 20 more channels that I counted a friends house then DTV has.

What's with all the channels for the ladies? Why can't they add some for the men.
Thanks

How many of those channels do you want to watch? Dish has more religious and shopping channels than Directv does that make them a better service? Directv dosen't announce new channels much before they actually start broadcasting them.

Reality tv might be cool. My wife wants Style TV. Nick games and sports might be good for the kids.

IIRC, Style TV is owned by Comcast, and won't allow D* to carry it.

directv will be carrying the fox reality channel, so there you go ya got that one

Isn't style tv parent company thay say comapny that owns E!?

When will DTV going to carrying Fox Reality Channel?

I think it was in a retailer alert or whatever it's called. D* with customers has a history of not pre-maturely announcing new channels though

Thanks. I wish they would tell people when channels will be added.

User_Name said:
What's with all the channels for the ladies? Why can't they add some for the men.
Thanks

ESPNU
Alltidute Sports
Comcast Sports NW
Comcast Sports Chicago
Comcast Sports
Mid Atlantic Sports
Fox Soccer Channel
Setanta
GOL

I would say D* has added more then there share of new channels for men over the last few months.

Forget the regular channels, how about some new movie channels. I would love to see some more of the HBO's like comedy, etc. Also, some more Showtimes, Cinemax's, and Starz has a lot more channels then what D* carries. It's been a long time since we have had any new movie channels, (i think the last one was Starz BET or whatever it's called now). I love D*, but it sucks to see Time Warner's cable line-up and the ton of movie channels that they carry. I actually called Direct last summer and complained about this and they told me not to worry, that come August of 2004 there would be more added, hmmmmm, not so I guess. I can keep hoping that someday.....

There is No new channel list........No one knows anything, I don't look for any new channels anytime soon....maybe next year
All I want is TNT HD!
the only thing for SURE that is being added is a Higher Bill!!!!

fluffybear, you have to pay for the sports pack to get them channels. Here Lifetime and the other ladies channels come with the setup. You don't have to pay extra for them.

branchbouncer, Yeah if they up the prices they should atleast give the long time users something for free and I don't mean the every once in awhile free habo thing they do. I mean a pass for a free movie on pay per view or a discount on something. I notice that people around here are getting rid of D* and using Dish or WOW.

User_Name said:
Thanks. I wish they would tell people when channels will be added.

They do, when they are added. They don't jump the gun on any type of announcement, be it new channels or how they will transition HD to Mpeg4.

Status
Please reply by conversation.