Anyone know where I can get a 110cm dish in the US??

rmagt

Original poster
Jul 24, 2019
maine
100x110cm dishes are easy to find in Europe, India, China etc., but I've not been able to find anyone in the US who sells them. It seems to be the largest dish that can be shipped via UPS. All the 1.2m dishes ship by truck carrier and shipping costs more than the dish!

I've asked the european vendors if they ship to the US, but they all say no. There must be someone in the US who is selling them, but I just can't find a source here.

100x110cm dishes are easy to find in Europe, India, China etc., but I've not been able to find anyone in the US who sells them. It seems to be the largest dish that can be shipped via UPS. All the 1.2m dishes ship by truck carrier and shipping costs more than the dish!

I've asked the european vendors if they ship to the US, but they all say no. There must be someone in the US who is selling them, but I just can't find a source here.

Unless you can find one atop an abandoned gas station, the cheapest 1.2m dish is sold and shipped by SatelliteAV-

Trust me, I've been through the process and there is no other/better way.

This company sells a 100cm (1 meter) dish for $120. I put one in the cart to estimate shipping but can't seem to get the shipping quote to work. I guess if you are interested you can give them a call with your address. :)

Multicom – MUL-1.0M-KU – 1 Meter DTH KU-Band Satellite Dish | Multicom Online Store

I've never bought anything from them so you might want to check them out before making a purchase. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: comfortably_numb
You can also get one from Tek2000. He's across the border in Canada but that isn't an issue. He's got them for $229 plus shipping. The mesh dish was good quality so I'm sure this would be as well. When I got my 1.2 meter dish 5 years ago I think I paid around $180 plus shipping so the price is fairly reasonable.

I wish I could find one locally!

I put up and ad on fb market and craigslist. Hopefully I can find some gas stations or old buildings with them..

There is an abandoned k mart with a 12 ft c band up top and what looks like a 4 ft ku steel dish. I have actually thought about taking a climb up there but even though they will likely go to a scrap yard one day my luck I would go to prison over it. Lol

The best dish I ever had ku wise was a steel no name dish this size like 44x48 and it ran on my motor I had at the time. I think a dg280. Only bad thing was I could only see from 87 to 105! I wish I had it now where I have an entire sky to look at! Lol

Reactions: olliec420
This company sells a 100cm (1 meter) dish for $120. I put one in the cart to estimate shipping but can't seem to get the shipping quote to work. I guess if you are interested you can give them a call with your address. :)

Multicom – MUL-1.0M-KU – 1 Meter DTH KU-Band Satellite Dish | Multicom Online Store

I've never bought anything from them so you might want to check them out before making a purchase. :rolleyes:

I saw those. Shipping was around $18 (it can go UPS ground) which is reasonable, but it's 100cm on the long axis (about 90mm on the short axis). I was hoping to find one that's 100cm on the short axis ) typically something like 110x100cm).

You have to be careful with the specs. The same company has a 1.2m dish, but it's 1.2m on the long axis axis (around 120x110). A lot of others are 1.2m in the long axis axis. It still has to ship my truck for $150 or so, so there are better deals out there that offer a 130x120 dish for around the same price.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I saw those. Shipping was around $18 (it can go UPS ground) which is reasonable, but it's 100cm on the long axis (about 90mm on the short axis). I was hoping to find one that's 100cm on the short axis ) typically something like 110x100cm).

You have to be careful with the specs. The same company has a 1.2m dish, but it's 1.2m on the long axis axis (around 120x110). A lot of others are 1.2m in the long axis axis. It still has to ship my truck for $150 or so, so there are better deals out there that offer a 130x120 dish for around the same price.

Yes. Dont fall for claims. I bought what was supposed to be a 39" dish from electorica which is big on Ebay and my dish is more like 34.5 x 37.5. So i just call it a 90cm but to me thats a big difference between a 39 inch dish! I was mad to say the least so I recommend using only people you know of.

Look in local Craigslist and other second-hand market sites. You never know what you can get there, but need to be patient. If you really want to get good dish look for glass one, like Prodelin or Channel Master.

Reactions: Cham
I stand by my 1.2m from SatelliteAV :)

Yes I wish there were a satellite store close to Tennessee where I can not have to pay the crazy shipping. I would go get me a 1.2 meter! When I lived in Texas you could find them all over but here close to nashville tn you cant find anything satellite or fta related! I know a guy who sells geosat 36" but no one else has larger dishes or fta motors,etc. I guess one day I will have to bit the bullet and spend $500 plus on a 1.2 shipped and a larger motor to drive it.

Yes. Dont fall for claims. I bought what was supposed to be a 39" dish from electorica which is big on Ebay and my dish is more like 34.5 x 37.5. So i just call it a 90cm but to me thats a big difference between a 39 inch dish! I was mad to say the least so I recommend using only people you know of.

I have the same damn dish. It's 85cm x 90cm. In no way 39". 36" at best. Electorica simply lie about the size. I complained to eBay but Electrorica put up a fuss since I'd already installed the dish before I measured it, so they wanted a 40% restocking charge. The LNB didn't work either and they give me grief over that, pretty much calling me a liar. Electorica seem to be a vendor to avoid. I've had far better customer service from Chinese vendors then from them. After my complaints to then and Ebay there now small print in the ad which gives the dish size, but it's still advertised at a 39" dish. They claim it's 39" if you measure it around the back, including the edge roll! Even if you do that, it's still only about 37". Blatant deceptive advertising by Electorica

There are probably 10s of thousands of true 110cm dishes made in china. Alibaba is full of them (try a search on alibaba.com) for $10 to $20 each - if you buy 5000! They must go somewhere, but apparently not to North America

Yes I wish there were a satellite store close to Tennessee where I can not have to pay the crazy shipping. I would go get me a 1.2 meter! When I lived in Texas you could find them all over but here close to nashville tn you cant find anything satellite or fta related! I know a guy who sells geosat 36" but no one else has larger dishes or fta motors,etc. I guess one day I will have to bit the bullet and spend $500 plus on a 1.2 shipped and a larger motor to drive it.

I thought it was only ~300 shipped? That's what I paid last year.

There's also one from "Satelite-Gallor" 1.2m (48 inch) Ku-Band Solid Offset Satellite Dish | eBay for about the same price when you include shipping. The specs look like a true 120cm dish (120x134.6cm). They're in Toronto. No idea how reliable they are as a vendor, they do have some negative feedback.

However the space I have available is just a little too small for a 1.2m dish. That's why I was looking for something around 100x110cm (not to mention the lower shipping cost!).

I have a Winegard DS-3100 dish, and it's about 110cm, even though they say it's a "1 meter dish". I bought it years ago from Solid Signal. Unfortunately, Winegard stopped making them a few years ago.

EXCELLENT dish however, and only cost me $89.99 in July of 2012. Came UPS shipping...

I would buy a Satellite AV 1.2m dish in a heartbeat, if the shipping wasn't the same price of the dish... Of course, I also have a Prodelin 1.2m composite dish. It was given to me FREE, from a member here many years ago. Of course, I had to make a 240 mile round trip to pick it up, so it cost me gas money.

I vote to ask around, and tell everybody you know you are looking for one from an old gas station and the like. You never know... Or run a "Wanted" ad in Facebook Marketplace, and/or your local penny saver paper, etc. Those composite type dishes are too heavy for a USALS motor, but you can mate a polar mount to them, or use them stationary.

If you're into the Ku stuff, get a 1.2-metre dish. Mentally add shipping to cost of dish and pretend that's the dish cost if it makes you feel better. I wasted a lot of time playing around with smaller, but a larger dish is an investment that will probably last forever. In my case, I was able to find one near my previous home at a store so I bought it new and carried it across country inside my car when I moved. Now if somebody will cut down all my trees, then I can receive everything on Ku.

Im honestly curious just how much better signal is on a 1.2 meter compared toy 90cm. I have the entire sky to play with here and if I am hitting most tps now at 70 to 90 pct, what are they on a 1.2 meter? Like all 90 plus pct quality? I wish one of you with a locked in 1.2 meter and a geosatpro 3500 could post your signal quality on all sats so I can compare, or we could do blind scans at same time to see how many feeds I miss that you get on your 1.2 meter. My sg6100 is powerful and pushes my 90cm like its nothing. If anything I could try one on it.

Reactions: olliec420

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts