Anyone make an 802.11n wireless router/cable modem?

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
The title says it all. I am getting very weak signals using a Belkin g type and thought it would be nice to have a combination cable modem/wireless router. Does anyone make one? Thanks for any leads.

Thanks, but I am looking for a router/cable modem combination.

Also N is for speed not range.

I didn't know that. From what I have read, the n routers have a much larger range than the g types. I know they are faster, I didn't know why!

I thought N gave you 6x the range for most of the devices. That is at least what my N device states.

N gives you more range, other changes are made to give you more speed within the n series which is why some will say 5 times faster while others 10 and a few 15.

If your belkin has an axternal antenna that you can detach then you can increase your signal by upgrading the antenna to a larger one. The netgear pci card I used had a 4 inch antenna that I swapped out for an 8 inch which made a huge world of diference. BB carries a generic antenna upgrade kit for routers for around $20 or so. I just missed this Newegg.com - Recertified: NETGEAR WNR834B-100NAR IEEE 802.11b/g, IEEE 802.11n Draft RangeMax Wireless-N Router deal but it should come around again shortly and is the best price upgrade I've seen so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts