Anyone "moved" successfully, post-merger?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can very much understand that situation. That's me on occasion, but I usually just go through a little bit of some shows on all the channels I watch, and not watch entire shows, so often I could watch that many.
I'll have more time shortly, now that most of the shows are at seasons end.
There aren't nearly as many summer shows that I watch.

Reactions: pattykay
What I would like to see happen is for Directv to add SV locals in Crawford County, Ohio. That would give viewers in that county local channels from three different markets: Columbus (the actual DMA for Crawford County), Cleveland (WKYC, WEWS, WJW), and Toledo (WTOL, WTVG, WUPW). That would be the best of three worlds with: two NBC, two CBS, three ABC, and three FOX. :)
I would love for them to allow you to choose several in the area locals ... (that could be done as long as your in the same spot beam) even if they want to charge like $5 a month for addl. locals.
My choice would be (I already have Toledo) Columbus and Detroit. I know those are in the spot beam.

Back in the day about 15 years ago, (mpeg 2 era) I knew what locals I could reach from here ... I could got as far east as Cleveland, down to Columbus, Cincy, Indy Chicago (was on the fringe) Detroit and a few others I don't remember .... those were all in my spot beam, but that was before the Spot beam became a big thing.

I don't know if there is anything anymore that would tell you what cities you can reach.

I live in PA on the border of NY. We get NY locals from cablevision and D* in this town, but Blue Ridge cable has the next town over and gives PA and NY locals, which I really liked when I lived over there. It was nice being able to watch my home states news, and also get NY news. It was also nice during football season getting Eagles, steelers, Giants and Jets games.

Looks like I'm gonna have to do a move back to real address for some equipment upgrades, still using a hr34 that's just not cutting it. Then I'll wait a week a "move back"

I have also had that happen. One time, after transferring one of my purchased receivers from one of my accounts to the other account (this was with Dish, not Directv) that receiver got both the Toledo locals and the Cleveland locals. I had different base packages on each account, and that receiver also continued to receive all of the national channels from the other account's package, in addition to the correct package for the new account. That glitch was eventually fixed when Dish did a Smart Card swap.

Same thing here. I had a Dish 4900 with both Pittsburgh and Detroit locals.

It was on 2 accounts, 1 was in Pittsburgh the other detroit.

I disconnected the box from the satellite after the first account was shut down and activated it on the second.

Same thing here. I had a Dish 4900 with both Pittsburgh and Detroit locals.

It was on 2 accounts, 1 was in Pittsburgh the other detroit.

I disconnected the box from the satellite after the first account was shut down and activated it on the second.
I like that idea ... its a shame they won't allow it ....

Claude, you got this with DISH, right ?
As I don't think you can get the Pittsburgh locals from where were at with D*.

On D*, I'll take Columbus, Toledo and Pittsburgh for 100 Alex ... lol

I live in PA on the border of NY. We get NY locals from cablevision and D* in this town, but Blue Ridge cable has the next town over and gives PA and NY locals, which I really liked when I lived over there. It was nice being able to watch my home states news, and also get NY news. It was also nice during football season getting Eagles, steelers, Giants and Jets games.

Exactly why my friend :) "moves"

One county in CT is in the NY DMA. They underserve the region. The hartford stations cover the whole state, and cable carries both in HD here. The satellite restrictions are madness in this area.

Perfect example - big deal made when the hartford NBC affiliate decided not to air the megyn kelly interview with alex jones, out of respect for sandy hook victims, and jones being a truther wingnut.

One problem - Sandy Hook is in the NY DMA, so the hartford affiliate's actions really don't amount to anything.

I like that idea ... its a shame they won't allow it ....
Well, at least not on purpose. It seemed to be a glitch with the older Dish receivers / Smart Cards. Claude had it happen on a 4900, and my receiver was a 301. Both of those models are long since obsolete.

I'll take Columbus, Toledo and Pittsburgh for 100 Alex ... lol
I actually had all three of those on Dish, on different accounts and at different points in time. For awhile, I subscribed to both Columbus and Toledo at the same time. When I first got Dish, I chose Pittsburgh for my distant network city, since the locals from Ohio were not yet available at that time.

Exactly why my friend :) "moves"

One county in CT is in the NY DMA. They underserve the region. The hartford stations cover the whole state, and cable carries both in HD here. The satellite restrictions are madness in this area.

Perfect example - big deal made when the hartford NBC affiliate decided not to air the megyn kelly interview with alex jones, out of respect for sandy hook victims, and jones being a truther wingnut.

One problem - Sandy Hook is in the NY DMA, so the hartford affiliate's actions really don't amount to anything.
I subscribe to Alex Jones' Info Wars just to hear some of the opinions on that channel, but a lot of his opinions are just nonsense, such as the 9/11 Truthism. He's not the only person's channel I subscribe to, for I pay for quite a few channels of different news sites to hear different opinions, and Info Wars is probably the last on my list to listen to because of some of the nonsense that he talks about.

Y
Looks like I'm gonna have to do a move back to real address for some equipment upgrades, still using a hr34 that's just not cutting it. Then I'll wait a week a "move back"[/QUOTE
You don't need to wait a week. You can "move" back as soon as the tech drives away. I've done that with no problems.
Looks like I'm gonna have to do a move back to real address for some equipment upgrades, still using a hr34 that's just not cutting it. Then I'll wait a week a "move back"

I got my service address changed back to my actual address, and I haven't "moved" again since then.
Update: I tried to "move" back to my fake address, and their system kept changing the Service Address back to my actual address. I never even got the locals from the other address before it would change back. I tried several times. Is there any way around this, other than physically moving to the other market to get a Directv technician to set it up there?

Update: I tried to "move" back to my fake address, and their system kept changing the Service Address back to my actual address. I never even got the locals from the other address before it would change back. I tried several times. Is there any way around this, other than physically moving to the other market to get a Directv technician to set it up there?

Did you try the online chat? That's what my friend used last time.

Did you try the online chat? That's what my friend used last time.
That was the first thing I tried, but when I clicked on the link for online chat, it didn't work, so I had to call instead. Then, when I logged into my account after that, the Service Address hadn't changed. I called several times trying to get it fixed. Immediately after each call, when I checked the Service Address using the automated phone system, it had reverted back to my actual address. Once it even switched back while one of the representatives was still working on my account, and she said that the system would not let her delete the old address, either.

I just tried to "move back" 2 times via chat and both times they couldn't do it. Gave me a number to call instead. Never had an issue before

877 407 4720
Thanks!

The third time I did chat the agent said he got it updated but it never showed up on my account.
That is the same thing that happened to me, except that I never got through on chat. I had to call the regular customer service phone number, with the same result that you got. Did the phone number above work for you, or have you only tried chat so far?

Maybe you should stay on your computer while you're talking to tech support and remember to logout and log back in and let them know if it's changed on your end or not. Also pay attention to your TV while on the phone and let them know if the locals changed or not. I always stay on the phone with them until I can see that everything's changed on my end.

Reactions: I WANT MORE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)