Anyone recognize these transponder?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mr3p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 1, 2010
West
Going a little stir crazy being trapped at home thought I'd point west and see what I could find. Scanned in a couple transponders trying to find 180E but no TV or radio stations found. Anyone recognize?
transponder.jpg

I think so just not sure as I didn't see transponders listed on Sathint. I'm pretty close to the horizon now but is there anything further west that has Ku footprint that hits NA?

I'm not anywhere near that area so I'll go from what I'm seeing on websites. So I might be wrong.
I'm not so sure about it being Intelsat 18 @180E
- the transponder on 10995 H 45000, if Lyngsat is correct, is on the South Pacific beam, that covers Aus/NZ and many western South Pacific Islands (including New Caledonia, which is what this service is for).
- you would scan in many encrypted channels, just like we do here on the East coast on its French Caribbean counterpart
- you would get other TPs listed in Lyngsat with some FTA french Polynesian channels from Tahiti as those do definitely cover the US West Coast

Instead I suspect that you might be receiving Yamal 300K @177W as its Northern beam covers most of the North Pacific from China to US/Canada, with strong coverage over Vancouver/Seattle but probably none over LA

Reactions: N5XZS
LOL, plugged in AZ box and it's running OpenATV and so slow it's painful. Going to see if I can revert back to factory firmware

Sent from my MI 8 using the SatelliteGuys app!

If you're on 180E, you can also find the France Televisions mux for the South Pacific. I got it a couple of years ago:

Reactions: Brct203
Azbox doesn't even see the signal. The obvious conclusion is I need a new receiver, LOL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)