Anyone recognize this dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yea, but I think that's more in-town, than out in the boonies.
Plus, I've seen some pretty back-woods dish farms on that forum, so a little control is probably okay.

I've seen a place like that in Minnesota and it was inside a small town. It had 2 Cband dishes and the entire yard was filled with ku dishes. Must have been around 12-15 ku dishes. I had to stop and take a picture of it.:eek:

I've seen a place like that in Minnesota and it was inside a small town. It had 2 Cband dishes and the entire yard was filled with ku dishes. Must have been around 12-15 ku dishes. I had to stop and take a picture of it.:eek:

when did you drive by my house? :D

Are HAM's allowed to put up their tower and antenna in a HOA?

I believe FCC trumps HOA for Amateur Radio, but typically the tower cannot be higher than the distance to the edge of the property. This was true in non HOA areas as well. Essentially if the tower falls it has to land on your property completely.

In the San Francisco Bay Area it is hard to find a reasonably priced home without HOA. The houses "out in the country" with land are very expensive. So it is tradeoff of affordable versus not being able to put up a dish farm. For me it had nothing to do with giving up my rights, it was all about being able to afford a house instead of renting.

My south facing yard is fairly small and one BUD would pretty much fill it up. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)