Anyone recording for posterity? In hidef?

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
If so, any way to put up a site to d/l the files?

Voom commercials
Voom HD Original ocmmercials
Some of the shows,

hd sideshows
Flipper
Thunderbirds, etc

Just a flavor of voom for posterity.

philhu said:
If so, any way to put up a site to d/l the files?

Voom commercials
Voom HD Original ocmmercials
Some of the shows,

hd sideshows
Flipper
Thunderbirds, etc

Just a flavor of voom for posterity.

Actually, a couple of months ago when it looked like Voom might end I started recording some Voom stuff for myself, just to remember it, knowing I probably will not see it again.

elocs said:
Actually, a couple of months ago when it looked like Voom might end I started recording some Voom stuff for myself, just to remember it, knowing I probably will not see it again.
I started a few days ago, and will be taking the recordings with me this weekend to visit some friends who were a little too slow (like yesterday) to decide they wanted to get off the dime. I had recorded Silence of the Lambs last weekend, so will be comparing my recording (from a 20+ year old SD set, over a 12-15 year old VHS recorder, vs the original release of the VHS tape, and if I can get it, a DVD...) My recording is better than the VHS original tape. I just want to give my friends a little taste of what they've missed this time around, and getting the DVD will be as close as I can come. :( :(

On the same tape, I had also recorded a couple of programs off of Equator...and they look ALMOST like HD....the colors and clarity were astounding... :confused: :confused: Vicki

Vicki said:
I started a few days ago, and will be taking the recordings with me this weekend to visit some friends who were a little too slow (like yesterday) to decide they wanted to get off the dime. I had recorded Silence of the Lambs last weekend, so will be comparing my recording (from a 20+ year old SD set, over a 12-15 year old VHS recorder, vs the original release of the VHS tape, and if I can get it, a DVD...) My recording is better than the VHS original tape. I just want to give my friends a little taste of what they've missed this time around, and getting the DVD will be as close as I can come. :( :(

On the same tape, I had also recorded a couple of programs off of Equator...and they look ALMOST like HD....the colors and clarity were astounding... :confused: :confused: Vicki

Hd programs that I have recorded on my Panasonic dvd recorder look great, nearly hd. I had recorded Silence of the Lambs when it was first on and my recording of Help! looks as good as the one I bought. I have also recorded some Equator, Rave, and DiscoveryHD, along with some from Monsters.

Can someone record the Inside Voom loop on 700?

That seems to show the commercials, etc barking the channels

Also, can someone make some of these available for download?

That would be great!

How are people feeding their DVD recorders? Component? S-Video? Do you have to change your voom box to 480p or 480i? And does your DVD recorder record in 16:9 properly?

I'm shopping for one for the explicit purpose of recording Voom's end time and would hate to flub it. :)

Not HD, but I have over 500 DVD's I've burned with movies and shows from the HD channels.

who_the said:
How are people feeding their DVD recorders? Component? S-Video? Do you have to change your voom box to 480p or 480i? And does your DVD recorder record in 16:9 properly?

I'm shopping for one for the explicit purpose of recording Voom's end time and would hate to flub it. :)

I have a Panasonic E85 and use S-Video and 480i. I also DON'T use the high speed dubbing, and it seems to record properly in 16:9 at near hi-def quality.

philhu said:
Can someone record the Inside Voom loop on 700?

That seems to show the commercials, etc barking the channels

Also, can someone make some of these available for download?

That would be great!
I'll do that tonight... it'll be 480i though :(.

Shawn

OK.. I have a 1 hour/650 mb DivX clip of the Voom Loop.

Open a browser to 207.114.207.215/VoomPromoLoop.avi

This is a work system so I'm only able to leave it up for a few days (or until the bandwidth becomes an issue).

rdehaven said:

This is a work system so I'm only able to leave it up for a few days (or until the bandwidth becomes an issue).

Grabbing it now!

Thanks!
phil

rdehaven said:
I agree.. :)

I have four 300 hr Replays.. This was captured in high quality via s-video..
dang... Replay envy... :) I have one (50xx)250+40, one(50xx) 200(did have a 40 in with it but had probs)and a 55xx with 80+40... since they are networked it is really easy to put on dvd or divxx :) I have only did E* and D* hd ... if V* survives in one form or another will get that too...And I have a Panasonic dmr30 dvd recorder that does a fairly good job too ... especially Ram discs...

I tried to record using my d-vhs hd panasonic 40000u, using firewire, from my tv, but it is copy protected. Records a grey screen. :(

Finally recorded using modulated rf, which somehow does widescreen, not looking too bad (I have the rf output doing anamorphic, so that might be why.).

I"m not going to be able to get any hidef, but I am recording several things on my Tivo at the nearly highest quality setting, which looks about dvd quality to me. I've recorded Iron Monkey from the Kung Fu channel. I've recorded a few concerts from Rave. I've recorded some HD News. I've also got a 30 minute clip of Inside Voom. I've got TivoToGo so I'll burn myself some DVD copies and then free up the room on my tivo again. Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to stay on the safe side of the law, and can't make any of this available as downloads. I'm add them to my DVD library, and when friends stop over, and want to know when the HIDef revolution really began, I can pull out the DVD's and show them an aproxamation of what the first real HiDef delivery system was like.

It's a shame it has to go, but I'll preserve a small nostagic piece of history for myself.

:no

rdehaven said:

GOOD GOD!!!! This thing is 688MB and will take 36 hours to download!!!! I think I'll only take a couple minutes of the video:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts