Anyone Notice IMPROVED Picture Quality Today?

ne1cool

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Is it just me & my TV, or did they do more tweeking? - 3/19/05 4:10pm EST

Tweaking

I think they did some more tweaking my HD channels are awesome even the SD channels look good. :D

Right?

I thought something got better! A lot of the SD channels got clearer for me also!

OTHERS PLEASE POST WHAT YOU'RE NOTICING?

ne1cool said:
Is it just me & my TV, or did they do more tweeking? - 3/19/05 4:10pm EST
My PQ looks aewsome today. The Cinema 1-10's are great. I did notice mosquito noise on equator though.

Sorry. I don't think it's any better. And right now on Equator at 6:25pm central, the mosquito noise is worse than it was yesterday. Discovery HD also has poor PQ watching Sunrise Earth.

Yes HD channels are much better, but not as good before but still very watchable.

SD channels, well, the are SD channels ;)

But yes much better than Friday evening. Friday evening was terrible.

I am not noticing any recent difference, but HD PQ is not as good as before the new encoder.

We need DarrellP to chime in on this thread. DarrellP is to Voom PQ what Punxsutawney Phil is to Groundhog Day.

I have a VERY clear shot to the heavens not a tree or anything about 20 yards on both side of my Dish , and I have not seen any improvements..

Dog6869 said:
I have a VERY clear shot to the heavens not a tree or anything about 20 yards on both side of my Dish , and I have not seen any improvements..

Same conditions here with this added enhancement....I have 3 different "services" for FSN FL......Brighthouse, DirecTV and VOOM.

Channel 340 absolutely is the WORST of the 3, in picture quality... as I watch the current baseball game between the Marlins and the Astros.

DirecTV seems to be a bit better than Brighthouse Cable.....but not much...however I wouldn't even think of watching the game on VOOM today with the lack of picture quality that they are delivering at this time.

Tarmack

Pq On Long Island,ny

I did notice some improvement in the HD PQ but I have more short blackouts and interruptions to go along with it. Still not where it was though. I guess they're still working on it. Not a techie but maybe with the new hardware adding channels causes changes in the PQ settings? :confused:

Well. I watched a show on Equator. It basically had two parts, the first was underwater, then the second was in Guyana or something. Sorry not to be more accurate here... but:
The first part of the show (underwater) was absolutely breathtaking! No skeeters, breakups, or color banding. Lots of dark areas, then sudden flashes, etc. Nothing caused the picture to falter in quality. It was awesome! Then the second half of the show started. I noticed it seemed almost out-of-focus. I knew immediately it was from a different source because all of the captions were in English and Japanese. The quality was still OK, but not even close to the first part of the show.
So basically, I am saying the quality will change drastically based on the quality of the source material. This is a great show and I really wish the second half was as crystal clear as the first. They showed some incredible footage, including the world's largest waterfall - over 1 KM in length!

So YES, I have noticed better quality, then noticed not-so-good quality on the same channel...even during the same show!

Andrew

I only tuned in Discovery HD today and it looked like an SD upconvert, switched over to Dish and it was gorgeous. I don't know about any others today.

It was very bad last night and this morning but when I returned from work tonight, it was noticably better. However, some minor motion artifacts and thinness remain. But it's a big improvement.

Good job Voom!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts