Anyone see a new fox one pop up?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mdovell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
Seems a bit funny but something called 27.5 east came up...seems to be exactly the same content of a fox one in RI that I already get....

Also when I searched I got some duplicate Pax stations that I already got. I know it sounds odd but I got some rain the other day (first in a month or so) maybe that effected things. Not sure exactly where the new station came from but it seems interesting. Just like there's a weather one I can pickup but it seems it's not there as of yet....

I hope the major networks decide on something other than just weather...with pbs and pax at least it's more stations...I have one weather station and one live doppler I don't think I need anymore weather ones!

interesting...I was at my parents home at easter and they were all over me about the 27.5 channel that popped up out of nowhere on their xbr...was fox also.

I believe Fox had a software problem at some point in their transmission stream. I could not delete it even tried rescanning...ended up hidding it.

not a fault of your system.

It may go away once everything is straightened out on fox's end.

If you live in the Tulsa Oklahoma DMA, then it's this what happened:

email exchange with the FOX engineer:

You might try to rescan the channels on your DTV receiver.

Last week there was a problem with the FOX Splicer that caused our PSIP info to disappear.

It actually shifted some of the DTV receivers to 27.5.

Some types of DTV tuners require a new channel scan to read the PSIP correctly.

Our transmitted signal has not changed during this time.

You are correct that KOKI and KTFO are broadcast form the same tower.

Please let me know if this worked for you,

Jeff Stuart
Engineer
KOKI/KTFO
918-388-5225 Off
918-388-5525 Fax
918-906-6687 Mbl
jstuart@fox23.com

-----Original Message

I have similar problems in my home in the LA area. My Dish 811 seems to be better at recognizing PSIP than the built in ATSC tuner on my Polaroid LCD panel TV. The 811 correctly displays channels 4.1 and 7.1, while the Polaroid displays 36.1 and 53.1 respectively. Rescanning does not help.

Occasionally the 811 will show a duplicate of some channels, one with the correct PSIP channel and the other with the actual channel number. After tuning the one with the actual channel number the duplicate will usually disappear. Strangely it's never happened to the two channels I am having trouble with on the Polaroid set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)