Anyone use Fortec's Channel Editor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Larry,
I have used the "shack" Null adapter with a 9 pin 232 cable and the Fortec DnUp channel program on a Classic NA. It works great.

Tried using DnUp as a transaltor to CM, didn't work so good.

I had to use the Null adapter along with the USB to serial adapter for my laptop.

THat is what I will need. Looks like time to order :) I must maximize my shipping my order, to get the most from the shipping charge :) What else whould I buy?

No program guide, but it sounds like you can do this:

Download your satellites/tp's channels, etc to your computer, then use that as a back up, and then also you can edit the channels, rename, delete, etc and then upload them to your receiver.

how do you like the Traxis? I read your review...I am tempted. I forgot, how is the blind scan on it? You mention the channel editor....it comes with it's own?

I have not ordered the cable yet. I was trying to find it locally.....No luck! No null modem cables, no straight cables. I did find a null modem adapter......and Best Buy wants close to $40 for a usb to serial adapter. Wal-Mart shows online only for theit $25 adapter. So, I will order it sometime. I hat to spend half the cost of a reciever just so I can use a channel editor!

I'll give you a regular straight cable if your rat shack has the null adapter

i used the serial adapter and unless you don't have a serial port ( some don't )

Thanks for the offer! I need to get a usb to serial adapter also. I have found online some real cheap places for the cables and such. I am waiting to hear how well it works from someone else before I order it :) I can't believe no one locally knows what I am talking about :) Of course it is 2006! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts