Anyone use/have the Spitfire 0.1 KU LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I bought a number of items including one of the spitfire lnbs. I figured what the heck, it was pretty cheap. My observations are the same as the others. Virtually no difference between this LNB and my Invacom QPH-031 as far as signal strength/quality. Would come in handy IF there are some low frequency transponders your looking for that a standard LNB won't go down to but other than that a waste of money. In addition as others noticed the neck is so short you can not slide it in/out within the LNB holder for fine adjustment.

Keep in mind that noise factor is not the only thing that matters when selecting a LNBF. L.O. stability is very important, perhaps even more important than noise factor. I've had a .9 NF high-stability Norsat perform just as well as my .3 Invacom.

Also have had samples which had very low NR and high gain, but had one or more harmonics that would degrade or even wipe out specific frequencies.

The slope also varies widely on LNBFs. Some exhibit great performance on a portion of the frequency range and perform poorly on the top, bottom or both ends.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts