Anyone used a WD Elements WD10000EB035 1TB External Drive with Dish?

Brodieb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Maryville, MO
I have a chance to get one of these for a steal and wondered if it would work to make a 211k into a DVR.

It is not a USB powered drive and I know some WD drives work well with Dish but was not sure about this specific model.

So has anyone here used one for this purpose and did it work or not? Google is not giving much information. Thanks.

No I havent used that one before.I really love my SEAGATE 1TB free agent desk.It works great .I have a 722 vip receiver.I bought it for $119.Its great for hd

I'm currently using one with a ViP622 and it works as expected. I might recommend a smaller or faster drive as it can take some type to get a "My Media" program listing.

I was thinking about at one time going with a 1.5 tb but I didnt want to put all my eggs in one basket so to speak.If I have alot of recordings on one of my harddrive and it fails then Ive lost alot of recordings.I put all of ALABAMA Crimson tide FOOTBALL games from last year in HD on one of my 1tb drives...:):):)

I had a chance to buy a used one online for $40 but it sold before I could snatch it up. I am thinking that 1 TB is more space than I need. I hopefully can find a 320 GB one for cheap somewhere. I have a 722 and the 211 is in the basement so would not get a ton of usage.

Thanks for the responses guys.

I have had a 1TB WD EHD on my 211 for about 15 months now running 24/7, not sure of the model no. but it is USB connected. Works completely as expected, no flaws (yet - KoW!)

You folks using the 1.5 and 2TB drives - any issues with those?

I'm down to about 15 hrs. remaining per the "clock" in the DVR screen and want to add a second unit soon. (Of course those 15 mins. indicated will probably give me 50 hrs or more of actual HD recording at prevailing resolutions and bit rates.)

I had a chance to buy a used one online for $40 but it sold before I could snatch it up. I am thinking that 1 TB is more space than I need. I hopefully can find a 320 GB one for cheap somewhere. I have a 722 and the 211 is in the basement so would not get a ton of usage.

Thanks for the responses guys.

The latest WD Elements USB EHD 1 TB model is # WDBAAU0010HBK-NESN. UPC 7 18037 75182 5. Generally around 80 Washingtons.

It works great on the 211k. Couldn't be happier.

After loading the extended guide and other Dish data onto the HD, I ended up with a reported available time of 98 hr. 7 min. for HD and 392 hr. 30 min. for SD.

Western Digital 2TB External Hard Drive

Here's a nice deal on a 2TB from Amazon via Brad's Deal:

Amazon.com drops the price of this Western Digital 2TB External Hard Drive from $229.99 to $109.99. Better yet, use promotion code GXTPOFES to drop the price to $98.99. This is the first time we've seen a 2TB external hard drive fall under the $100 mark. Shipping adds $6.76 unless you subscribe to Amazon Prime. Even with shipping this is a great deal. There is no sales tax (except KS, KY, NY, NY, and WA).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts