Anyone using DISH internet service?

Does any one have experience with DISH's high speed internet service?
Is it through satellite or partnered with local DSL providers?

DishNet is through satellite either using Hughesnet or Viasat. You can also get internet through Dish that is DSL but the service comes from your local DSL provider. Dish would just be the sales agent for DSL.

Have had it for almost a year now. Strictly satellite thru wild blue. Great speed for satellite (used to have starband). Of course still the lag time to get started but for those of us who don't have access to any cable service it's just great.

Have had it for almost a year now. Strictly satellite thru wild blue. Great speed for satellite (used to have starband). Of course still the lag time to get started but for those of us who don't have access to any cable service it's just great.

If you are still using WildBlue you should really consider upgrading to Excede. It's faster and more reliable.

i had it for almost two months before going back to my old internet provider. it was fast when you didn't hit the bandwidth cap and at night, but my household went though the 10 GBs limit in our service package's allowed data, and when you were already past the 10 GBs of data, it was super slow, slower then my old internet connection was. and had issues with it too. so we went back as our old internet provider. had it installed on January 10, but had it uninstalled some time in the latter half of February. so one story short, my household regretted switching to DishNet, and Sattellite internet and small bandwidth caps aren't for my household.

i had it for almost two months before going back to my old internet provider. it was fast when you didn't hit the bandwidth cap and at night, but my household went though the 10 GBs limit in our service package's allowed data, and when you were already past the 10 GBs of data, it was super slow, slower then my old internet connection was. and had issues with it too. so we went back as our old internet provider. had it installed on January 10, but had it uninstalled some time in the latter half of February. so one story short, my household regretted switching to DishNet, and Sattellite internet and small bandwidth caps aren't for my household.

Who was your 'old provider'? As a rule satellite internet should be a last resort when nothing else is around except dial up.

It's faster than Frontier DSL in many of their service areas since Frontier has severe congestion issues. The biggest problem was the lag waiting for it to load the page. After that it was able to handle 1080p and was quick.

It's faster than Frontier DSL in many of their service areas since Frontier has severe congestion issues. The biggest problem was the lag waiting for it to load the page. After that it was able to handle 1080p and was quick.

Don't forget about the bandwidth usage limitations with satellite. That's the biggest problem around here when comparing to slower DSL services.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)