Anyone watch Cinema 1080p Movies over MRV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Just wondering, if you set a 1080p movie to download to say the bedroom, can you watch it later in the living room without audio/video issues, over DECA?

A few weeks ago we purchased the new Nightmare on Elm Street remake in 1080p off of one of the cinema PPV's. I recorded it and the next day gave it a shot over MRV to an H24-200 in the office. Couldn't believe it, it worked flawlessly. I know 1080p is supposed to be bandwidth intensive, but the H24 didn't skip a beat. Transport controls and overall remote response was quick as ever. Good technology!

I remember my old computer couldn't even play a 1080p file. It was an old Athlon XP 1600. That guys long retired, but its amazing that a full fledged computer system a few years ago would choke on such a feat, but these little DirecTV receivers can do it without breaking a sweat.

I remember my old computer couldn't even play a 1080p file. It was an old Athlon XP 1600. That guys long retired, but its amazing that a full fledged computer system a few years ago would choke on such a feat, but these little DirecTV receivers can do it without breaking a sweat.

Hardware acceleration makes all the difference in the world. Your old computer would play it just fine if you installed a video card that had hardware acceleration for the video compression type being used.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts