Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I watched Rudolph tonight in HD, I had mixed feelings on it, it looked GREAT however the sound was not as good, durring two of the songs there was a skip in the music. And if I remember correctly wern't they missing one song?

I wasn't disapointed that it was in 4x3 at al, I figured it would be.

So what did you think?

I thought the presentation in quality was fine. However several parts of the movie was very corny and very bad songs

I just briefly checked it. Was it a 4x3 presentation? I guess OAR is 1:33:1. The sound was not DD5.1 here in NYC and got 1:33:1 AR.

It was beautiful. Having seen this show at least 30 times in my life, This was the best ever. PQ was great. Since it was made in 1964...
Even my wife was excited to see it in HD and she could care less any other time..

Goofs for
Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964) (TV)
Miscellaneous: Although the film was copyrighted and released in 1964, the Roman-numerals copyright date in the main titles is shown as "MCLXIV", which would be the year 1164! What a difference an "M" makes! :)

Continuity: The head elf's voice is clearly a different actor when he's conducting the choir.

Audio/visual unsynchronized: When Mrs. Claus goes out the door after Santa, the sound of the door slamming occurs before the door is shut.

Continuity: According to Sam the Snowman's narration, it was the day before Christmas Eve when Santa Claus initially decided to cancel Christmas due to the bad weather. That same day, however, Santa asks Rudolph to guide his sleigh "tonight" (that is, Christmas Eve).

Continuity: Santa's sleigh is normally pulled by eight reindeer - Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder and Blitzen. When Rudolph is added to the team, he becomes the ninth reindeer. However, in all the sleigh flying scenes, only seven reindeer are shown pulling the sleigh.

Factual errors: Male reindeer lose their antlers around early December and don't grow back in time for Christmas. Female reindeer never lose their antlers, so the reindeer pulling Santa's sleigh should be females. But Coach Comet and the other reindeer on Santa's team are all males.

Revealing mistakes: When Clarisse and Mrs. Donner leave the cave to search for Rudolph, their shadows disappear as soon as they are out of the cave, indicating that they were removed as soon as they were out of range.

I agree. I am watching it right now with my kids and it is a beautiful program. Not the sharpest HD but it is incredible clear and it anyone owns the DVD (if one exists) should compare and you will see that this presentation should look better.

I only caught a few minutes and thought at first my affiliate was using the SD feed for some reason, but it was clearly the HD feed because the CBS logo was in the HD position and covered some of the black bars. It looked good to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)