Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
So is anyone watching ESPN 3D?

I had a chance to stop by ESPN last night and they were getting ready. Also ran into and hung out all night last night with Ben Drawbaugh of Engadget who is actually at ESPN in Bristol now watching the 3D launch and broadcast.

You can follow Ben's reports from inside ESPN at Ben Drawbaugh (bjdraw) on Twitter

I have been browsing all the satellite and AV forums and not a SINGLE person has reported watching ESPN 3D in 3D.

Someone has to be watching!

Someone better be watching. The money the industry has put into 3D is enormous. I hate that hd has been side tracked for the time being. I for one will continue watching the 2D!!

Even at AVSforum not a single post from anyone watching the game in 3D. I find that almost hard to believe...

There pretty much has to be a perfect storm to even be able to tell if DIRECTV is broadcasting 3D:

• You must have a 3D enabled TV
  • You must have received the appropriate software release on a 3D capable box
  • DIRECTV must have included support for your 3DTV model

They(the providers) need to worry about fullfilling the rest of the HD that is out there, besides worrying about 3d.I for one are not going to buy another tv any time soon.Its just another gimmick to get more money out of us consumers.There are still alot of homes in America that havent even adopted HD yet.What makes them think this 3d thing will work.?

ESPN 3D on a plasma Panasonic is very, very impressive.
I'm quite pleased I changed to Directv and was amazed by the image quality in 3D of the game today.

ESPN 3D on a plasma Panasonic is very, very impressive.
I'm quite pleased I changed to Directv and was amazed by the image quality in 3D of the game today.

How did you watch it? On Comcast or DIRECTV?

If I get a 3DTV I am going to get a Panasonic Plasma, those are nice sets.

Not I.

Don't have a 3D TV and have no desire to buy one.

Don't have 3D glasses, and have no desire to spend hundreds of dollars on a couple. Plus, I wear glasses and glasses over glasses don't work well

Never cared too much for 3D to begin with

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)