DIRECTV to Launch ESPN 3D to Millions of Customers Nationwide

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What is the point of showing soccer in 3D, when most of the time the picture looks like this?

soccer.jpg

3D works good when the objects are small and far away. :rolleyes:

Wow, ok, so much 3d hate around here! ..anyway, I want ESPNU HD first also and i'm sure it will come but I for one am glad for the ESPN 3D. I just bought a new TV last September and I am not in the market for a new TV either, but I think the technology will be really cool eventually when I buy one. I think this is the first step to greater 3D options down the road....I for one say "Thank you D* for going into the next realm of TV viewing."

There would be absolutely no hate for the 3D around here if DirecTV had done an adequate job of keeping up in the world of HD. However, they have fallen far behind in that department. When DTV has caught up in HD, no one will care if DTV offers 3D to the few who at this time care about it enough to make the investment in the equipment.

What is the point of showing soccer in 3D, when most of the time the picture looks like this?

soccer.jpg

3D works good when the objects are small and far away. :rolleyes:

3D Camera behind the Goaly so you can see the ball coming in, in 3d that's how.

Just hold one of those ping pong paddles with the ball attached to it with a rubber band in front of your face and keep popping the ball at yourself. The wow factor will fade after a bit.

I know future goodies have to be adopted, but I'd rather have the 4-5 channels I'm watching in SD in HD, so I could make good use of the HD televisions I've owned for 6 years, rather than the tv I certainly wont own for another 6-8 years that requires 3d glasses I wont ever wear.

Won't do any good unless the camera can move and position itself in "front" of the ball. Also, won't a good goalie be in the way for most ? Finally, how many shots on goal are there in most games ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)