Anyone with DirecTV and AT&T Wireless, I need help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JUCJ85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
NY
So I paid my wireless bill, or so I thought on the 31st, and this was after my bills with AT&T and DirecTV got combined, now I got an email saying I'm past due, great, but they gave me a credit or $159.39 the amount for my wireless bill, yet they can't apply the credit to my wireless, I don't have an extra $160 to give AT&T, and there CS line keeps with the stupid please wait, sorry for the long wait.

Does anyone have a direct number, or email to a higher up in AT&T, I'm sick of this crap, I paid it on the stupid MYATT app.

Thanks, Jason

I feel your pain. I also merged accounts last month, got e-mail that my bill was ready. Went to the AT&T site, said I couldn't see my bill due to recent changes, so I tried the pay bill link. What should have been was about $380 for combined DIRECTV/AT&T was now $1,211. Spent 90 minutes on the phone being transferred to four different reps in different departments, finally ended up in somewhere called ISM billing. The rep there said this was the third bill like this she say this week and it was Tuesday, please hold and I'll see what I can do. Two minutes on hold and got disconnected. Called back the next day, another 90 minutes on the phone and after asking to talk to a supervisor he finally figured out what the charge was, I have a couple phones on the NEXT installment plan and they billed for the total outstanding balance. So he opened a ticket to get that fixed but he said it could take a week for things to get fixed. Maybe not worth the $10/month savings to go through merging accounts until they get a better handle on the process.

Reactions: Troch77
I have deliberately not merged my accounts. Whoever is responsible for planning and implementing the account merge has made a complete mess of it.

Reactions: ejb1980 and dfergie
It's so frustrating, they said on the phone when I finally got through that they credited it to the U Verse department, which I have no clue why, since I don't have U Verse in my area, I specifically paid the $159.39 on the MyATT app under my Wireless account, they said they transfered it back to Wireless, so I hope they don't shut me off, which will piss me off, they need a better system.

Like if I want to check upgrade eligibility, which I am on 2 phones, I can't get the option, just a damn loop sequence, if you've ever seen them, they are a pain in the behind, have had them on computers numerous times.

Hoping this finally resolves itself.

When I had AT&T wireless with U-Verse Internet and Directv, I bundled it and the exact same thing happened. I understood why the Directv info wasn't on my account (wasn't any known talk of merging then) but calling for UVerse and cell phone was torture... Each acts like the other doesn't exist. I had to call often because the first 6 months of bills were royally screwed up.

Yes, it's a mess. I needed to update my credit card info; got stuck in a loop, kept sending me back to the same place. ATT has really messed this up.

When I go to my D* account now, it takes me to the ATT/D* page and choose which one you want to deal with....

I don't mind it, but liked it better the other way, however I still haven't bundles my bills together .... I really don't want to as 1 I pay all at once and the other monthly, I don't know if you bundle them, do they show on the same bill together .... if so, I may never bundle them.

Yes, it's a mess. I needed to update my credit card info; got stuck in a loop, kept sending me back to the same place. ATT has really messed this up.

You're not allowed to do that with AT&T! I am kidding, but they make it impossible. I changed my debit card when my old bank was bought out by a big bank (Wachovia/Wells Fargo) and you'd think I asked them to cure cancer. I could see my new card info but they were still using my old one and expected me to pay late fees for a bill that THEY charged on the wrong card TWICE. I didn't.

Update: Apparently they now call anyone who bundles Wireless and DirecTV a U-Verse Account, which is why my bill was posted to that account, even though I don't have access to U-Verse, since it's not available in NY.

They applied the credit to my Wireless, said it should take a few days to process, so wish me luck, they said I shouldn't have to worry about them turning it off, so here's hoping it's true. Been with them since April, always pay my bill either on the due date, or before it's due, never past due.

Oh and I wanted the bundle due to having issues paying DirecTV on time, since my combined bill will be due on the 8th, I won't go past due now. Or else I wouldn't bother combining it.

I’m not with AT&T for mobile wireless—but, if I was, I would wait at least six months after the FCC’s approval of AT&T’s purchase of DirecTV so that things may be more efficient. I would wait until at least January 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not with AT&T for mobile wireless—but, if I was, I would wait at least six months after the FCC’s approval of AT&T’s purchase of DirecTV so that things may be more efficient. I would wait until at least January 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really, thats not a bad idea with any company.

Got letter today confirming auto pay bundle (wireless and Directv. We shall see....

Combined my bills. Received first one this month, and it only had wireless charges on it. It said DIRECTV charges were not received in time to be on this bill, but that they would be on next bill. I paid the bill, and then a few days later received a second bill for $0.00 (zero). Doesn't seem to be going too well so far.

Glad I read this thread. I just switched to AT&T wireless a few weeks ago and was under the impression they combined my bills in store. Just did online chat and was told my accounts are separately billed, no combining. Kinda glad now after reading the issues you guys are having. I'd rather not save $120 year if it means not having to spend hours talking with a customer service rep.

the AT&T store reps are idiots as a rule, i'm sure there are expections. triple check ALL their work and get names/ID's to reference.

I tried to bundle on the web site and was instructed I had to call an 844 number (new toll free).

I called and talked to two people, both insisted I would lose the FAN discount (employer, 20% saving me $20/mo off data plan), which is more than the $10/mo so they didn't help.

I've read about people getting both but perhaps they were told they would and haven't received a bill yet. If you can get both that would be ideal.

I tried to bundle on the web site and was instructed I had to call an 844 number (new toll free).

I called and talked to two people, both insisted I would lose the FAN discount (employer, 20% saving me $20/mo off data plan), which is more than the $10/mo so they didn't help.

I've read about people getting both but perhaps they were told they would and haven't received a bill yet. If you can get both that would be ideal.

I combined my bills through the web site and didn't have to call to speak with anyone. When I log in to my account it still shows my 17% FAN discount at the top. When I select DIRECTV it shows the $20 off per month for 12 months "loyalty discount" they offered me just before the merger went through, and also shows a combined bill discount which it says doesn't expire until 2098.

We signed up with directtv and changed our att to the unlimited plan in march to save money per month and then also get the $10 credit each month for combining accounts. It is October and neither have happened. It has been a joke. No one knows how to combine the accounts. The store first said the direct tv wasn't showing up on their computers, you needed to wait a few days. Then we called and they said they would combine it but will take 1 to 2 billing cycles. Called again told them nothing has happened yet. They said it will take more time. I checked today on computer chat and they said there is no notes on your account and the $10 credit has expired. You have got to be kidding me, then they were transferring me to someone else on the chat and then we got disconnected. Now I am going into the store to go spend an hour waiting in line and then probably another hour persuading the person and then they will probably say call 1800 att. Every person we have dealt with even with our plans have said the last guy did not know what he was doing and changed what he did. Its just a blame and transfer game. They say call directtv, then directv says call att. If I could cancel everything I would.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)