Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed before how it automatically went to the first unread post on the xen site and now it doesn't and I have to do like I did before on the old satelliteguys website vbulletin software and click the dot on the post to go to first unread post.

What I have done for several years is go through all the unread thread posts, middle click to open each thread post in a new tab, and then go to the tabs to see all the topics I want to see on my visit to this website. Is there any easier way to do this like check mark all the ones I want to open up in new tabs?

I would also like to see an option to omit all threads that were posted since the last visit that you chose not to read. Or another way to put it, all new threads created plus all the previous ones that were read since your last visit. If you did not read particular threads on your last visit then you are most likely not going to want to read those threads on your next visit either. This would allow someone to have fewer threads that you have to sort through when looking for all unread thread posts. There is no point in having to sort through thread posts that you already chose not to read on your last visit to the site. I am not sure how hard this is to code though and if many others feel the same way if it is worth doing the code for this.

By the way, I have noticed the enhancement with the edit post box. Another improvement over vbulletin that I really like.

Is there a way to lengthen time if you need to edit your post? Right now it is 90 minutes and you can't change it and Thank for any help!! :)

Reactions: Stargazer
90 minutes is more than enough, IMO. One reason for a limit or cut-off is so someone can't change their "story" after people respond to it. Now, if the follow-ups quote the person, it's a moot point !

Reactions: whitewolf8214
90 minutes is more than enough, IMO. One reason for a limit or cut-off is so someone can't change their "story" after people respond to it. Now, if the follow-ups quote the person, it's a moot point !
Thank I appreciate it and understand but if I posted a news item and had to correct it is what I meant but thanks alot!! :)

Well, the software can't distinguish between a comment post and a news story ;-) You always have the option to have a mod change (correct / edit) it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

If I start to post a reply, change my mind and erase the comment, the next time I open the thread the comments are back in the reply box. How do I get rid of them for good?

Scott, is there anything you can do to make the impact of xenforo (or the ads ?) less CPU intensive? Even opening one page is slow. Marking all posts in a thread as "read" takes about 10X longer than vBulletin ever did. It maxes out my single-core AMD whatever it is, whenever I bring up multiple tabs of threads, and then it gets really slow. This never happened on vBulletin, and I could bring up more than 10 or 20 tabs at once. My dual-core Intel at work is much less affected, but it's slower there too.

The word p r a y is being censored in any sentence or part of a word when the letters are in that combination. Spelling pray without the spaces will result in an emoticon.

Thank I appreciate it and understand but if I posted a news item and had to correct it is what I meant but thanks alot!! :)
If you need to make a correction or edit a news event after the 90 minutes just report your own post (click the report button below your own post) and in the reason for reporting ask one of the staff to change it for you. We'll be happy to get right on it for you.

I'm not finding a way to filter out forums that I'm not interested in seeing when I click on "New Posts". It was a profile setting in vBulletin, but I can't find it now.

I'm not finding a way to filter out forums that I'm not interested in seeing when I click on "New Posts". It was a profile setting in vBulletin, but I can't find it now.
Doesn't exist. It was mentioned/requested during the 'test' phase and I think Scott looked for add-ins that would provide this functionality but didn't find any.

You need to use MultiView. Add the forums you wish to see to MultiView, then enter the forums at http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/multiview/.
You must be thinking of something else. What mdonnelly is looking for is nothing at all like what Multiview provides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)