Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of issues with embedding pictures from external sources there were a few issues that cropped up where the site where the actual image was hosted was flagged for Malware, Spyware, Virus's etc... and thus if someone looked at the post here which had the photo which was actually being pulled from the other site, they would get a warning from their browser or anti virus, making it look like we had an issue here when the issue was the picture was coming from a flagged site.

A few weeks ago we moved over to a new proxy system, so if someone posts a photo with the url going offsite, what now happens is the system downloads that picture from that site... puts it in a temporary directory and scans it for safety and once its deemed safe it makes that photo an attachment served on our server instead of pulling it from the remote server each time its displayed. Thus no more warning messages. Another great thing about this is because the image is now stored on our server, if that website ever goes down or they delete that picture from their site it will remain posted here because it no longer relies on pulling it from their server each time the image is shown.

Now the issue you are describing may be a case of the remote site not allowing us to download and convert the image, which then nothing is shown but this is out of safety. However you may be able to download the file yourself and upload it as an attachment.

For the most part it works the way it should but in cases like this it could add an extra step. But I think keeping the site safe and not having it pop up red flags saying danger danger is important. :D

Could doing that (pulling the image and storing it locally) get you in trouble for copyright reasons ? Granted, 99.999% of complaints will say "take down my photo" first before filing suit....

Typo in Pub Membership page :
Two Year - Corporate Pub Membership
All the features and benefits of a One Year Corporate Pub Membership for for TWO years! (Plus you have money!)

I'm still having difficulty adding a photo, like an Ookla Speedtest. I add it in, see it in the window and then when I Save, it's gone in the post... When I do a reply to that post, I see the Attach....

Minor inconvenience. I use the new posts and mark all read features a lot. They keep bouncing around in the menues. Is it possible to standardize the menu structure, so these features stay in the same place on each page?

I have all kinds of problems being dragged off to other web pages. Sometimes I have to wait for the ads to rotate so I can get logged in. The dang JAVA Update BS. No wonder the site visits are down. :(

I have all kinds of problems being dragged off to other web pages. Sometimes I have to wait for the ads to rotate so I can get logged in. The dang JAVA Update BS. No wonder the site visits are down. :(
Clearing the browser has put a stop to it for now :)

Put a stop for about 5 minutes :( So dam much malware here I can't login with extraordinary effort. I get logged out all the time and the malware attacks. My Microsoft Smart screen filter is activating all the time telling me this is a dangerous site. WTF I can't believe I'm the only one with this inane BS

Put a stop for about 5 minutes :( So dam much malware here I can't login with extraordinary effort. I get logged out all the time and the malware attacks. My Microsoft Smart screen filter is activating all the time telling me this is a dangerous site. WTF I can't believe I'm the only one with this inane BS

It's your computer, not satelliteguys!

Been accessing this site at least once a day, before, during and after xenfro transition. Other than having to occasionally recover page at log in, there hasn't been any other trouble here.

I suggest using AVG and Malwarebytes. I rarely have issues anywhere, much less here.

Reactions: TheKrell
Might I request that you stop visiting here until you get clean, so as to not spread anything particularly nasty?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

Reactions: Bobby
Might I request that you stop visiting here until you get clean, so as to not spread anything particularly nasty?
If his infected machine can upload bad stuff to this server which in turn infects us, there's bigger things to worry about !

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKrell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts