Anything Good On IA5?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wwwinfowarscom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
New to FTA and I'm putting up my 30' ku dish soon and am excited!
Whats good on IA5 (Telstar 5) for programming. I know the GCN radio network broadcasts on IA5 along with some other good radio stations. Anybody getting anything decent on the TV end of the broadcast spectrum? IA5 seems to give you the most programming of all the sats up there for FTA. I don't have the luxury of a motorized system yet. Thanks.

depends on what you want and what you consider good. IA5 has 20 Persian channels. Of those 20, I would 1% of the time, they have something worth watching. The rest of the time, they talk gibberish and Bullsh!t.

Other people, they LOVE the shows that are on.

IA5 is mostly international programming too.

Again, its all relative. What would YOU like to see and what do YOU consider good?

I'm without my setup at the moment (just moved and may have a big challenge getting things installed), and I think I miss G10r and Ia5 the most. I love the radio channels and TV stations from around the world. If you are an international news junkie and/or a music lover who can only be on one bird at a time, I'd choose Ia5.

Last edited:
Wwwinfowarscom said:
New to FTA and I'm putting up my 30' ku dish soon and am excited!

I'm going to be a total nerd and say that I'd love to have a 30 foot Ku Dish. With that, it'd be really impressive to see the size of your C-Band dish! ;)

Seriously, I hope you enjoy the dish. It's a fun hobby that you'll never get tired of.

There are a lot of interesting channels on IA-5. Russia Today is good and in English, there are occasional English programs on several of the international channels, such as news on the Thai channel and some English programs on others (with subtitles in the foreign language).

Things constantly change on IA-5, which is why it's a good idea to re-scan on a regular basis. And several of the scrambled channels are in the clear occasionally. I've found some Mexican (Univision) soap operas with Russian or Polish subtitles, there's that Polish channel showing English movies with the Polish narration.

Don't forget the frequent "wardrobe malfunctions" on FTV!

On the radio side, there are very good English shortwave programs from around the world on WRN, the Music Choice music channels are quite good, and if you like crackpot preachers, Brother Stair is on 24/7.

I haven't watched IA 5 ku-band since the analog ESPN, Sportswest, Hawaii, FSN backhauls went away a few years ago..but that's me. :)

jh98 said:
Don't forget the frequent "wardrobe malfunctions" on FTV!

I just wonder if more men watch that channel than women :D They do have some beautiful women on it:up My wife enjoys the Chinese stations, I guess that is because she is Chinese...

speaking of games n flix

Is there any sort of schedule listing anywhere online for their channel?

I haven't found any schedule for the GNF Movies channel, I think I liked it better when it ran America One.

I haven't found a schedule for GNF Music either, but it doesn't seem to be all music, right now they're running an infomercial for the "Bun and Thigh Roller." Much of the music portion of the schedule seems to be a country video program that's years old ("new" artist Gary Allen was on a show a couple of days ago.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts