Anything I need to know to move from an HR34 to an HR44?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

diitto

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Hi, We have a home with three TV’s on Directv. Our three pieces of equipment are,

HR34-700 Genie
C31-700 Genie Mini
HR22-100 HD DVR

Directv did our set up about 1 1/2 years ago when we moved to a new home.
We have a MSPLIT4R1-02 SWiM splitter connected to whatever SWiM dish Directv put up back then.
I find three DECA boxes, one attached via Ethernet to our our router, one coupled to the C31 and one connected to the HR22. I do not find one on the HR34. I assume it doesn’t require one???

Rumor has it that Directv is now willing to replace the poorly functioning (deathly slow) HR34’s of which I have one. I’ve been dealing with it since about last October and now I’m hearing Directv has finally given up on “fixing” them and is perhaps prepared to replace them with an HR44???

Assuming I call them this upcoming week and have some success with getting a functional replacement, what do I need to know to install the HR44 myself… Not much I would hope…

But, does the C31 work with it or does that need to be changed too???
Anything to know about DECA hookups??? If the 34 doesn’t need one I would hope the 44 doesn’t need one either… How about the remote??? Will they send me a new one or will my existing remote that came with the HR34 work for the 44 as well???

Any feedback would be much appreciated…

thanks.. bob

You should not have any problems swapping it out if you can get the to send you one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts