Status
Please reply by conversation.

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
I've only been watching for a little bit.. but I have yet to see anythign on teh guide on CNN HD that denotes something being in HD. I have on Larry King now and am ready to vomit. Not because of Larry's face (god if that was in HD I'd probably think I was watching "Tales from the Crypt" but because Jenny McCarthy is on... but seriously is like CNN or TWC going to start really doing any HD broadcasts?

Not a whole lot until they upgrade their cameras in atlanta, but american morning, lou dobbs, anderson cooper, and the 8 est oclock show that was just on were in hd, plus some of their news specials. The ticker graphics are all in hd at least.

The TWC is worse, basically just the local on the 8s and perhaps some of their weather specials are in hd.

Don't rely on the guides though, many stuff that is listed as hd is not and vice versa.

Everybody isn't happy eh? I figured there would be a bunch of complaints like these. I feel D* pushed a lot of companies to put out some sort of HD regardless if it is mostly SD. Then DirecTV can tell the complaining customers to complain to the channel providers.

Smart plan now that I think about it!

Not a whole lot until they upgrade their cameras in atlanta, but american morning, lou dobbs, anderson cooper, and the 8 est oclock show that was just on were in hd, plus some of their news specials. The ticker graphics are all in hd at least.

The TWC is worse, basically just the local on the 8s and perhaps some of their weather specials are in hd.

Don't rely on the guides though, many stuff that is listed as hd is not and vice versa.

The Weather Channel (if thats what you were referring to) doesn't do "The locals on the 8's on D*.

CNN only has a few studio camera's that are HD camera's. So most of their programming is not in HD.

However like some stated on here already, CNN has designated the few HD camera's they do have to their higher rated shows like Anderson cooper and American Morning.

Directv and Foxnews have supposedly already made an agreement once Fox News launches their channel in HD. I have heard they are not jumping the gun because they want to do it right and have the majority of their studio able to be broadcasted in HD unlike CNN is currently.

http://www.tvpredictions.com/foxhd083007.htm

once there is a Foxnews HD channel, I will definitely have to get a second HD Television and HR20, for the wife!

TWC is not going to be showing much of anything in HD until some time in 2008, why would you launch a channel and call it HD when it has no content. Just to say we have it !!!! Dish did the same thing with A & E and only thing I saw on it was CSI Miami reruns in HD, 20 times a day !!!!!

CNN only has a few studio camera's that are HD camera's. So most of their programming is not in HD.

However like some stated on here already, CNN has designated the few HD camera's they do have to their higher rated shows like Anderson cooper and American Morning.

Directv and Foxnews have supposedly already made an agreement once Fox News launches their channel in HD. I have heard they are not jumping the gun because they want to do it right and have the majority of their studio able to be broadcasted in HD unlike CNN is currently.

http://www.tvpredictions.com/foxhd083007.htm

once there is a Foxnews HD channel, I will definitely have to get a second HD Television and HR20, for the wife!

SAVE YOUR MONEY MAN. FOXNEWS AINT WORTH IT! GET THE WIFE ANOTHER DIAMOND OR SOMETHING. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts