Anyway to manage recordings remotely on a HR34?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hikerdave

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
I want to see what recording I have, see if they have been watched, and be able to delete the recordings from my computer. I was able to do so when I was with Dish, but I cannot figure out how to do the same thing on DirectTV. Am I missing something or is it just not possible? I am down to 7% on the HD and going through all the folders on the receiver of my kid's episodes is very time consuming. I found on the receiver there is kind of a mass delete where you can see all the episodes listed and you can check the ones you want to delete, but when it is in this mode it does not tell you if it has been watched yet or not. I just want to get rid of all the watched episodes that are filling up the HD

Thank you

Unfortunately with DirecTV you can only remotely schedule recordings you can not remotely manage or delete recordings except from your DirecTV remote in your home.

When you pull up your DVR list the programs that are listed in a subdued grey font have been either partially watch or watched. The programs on your list that are in bold white font have not been watched.

John

Nothing for that yet, hopefully someday - they have improved the remote scheduling significantly over the past couple years, hopefully this is the next level.

Status
Please reply by conversation.