Dec 6, 2008
Cadillac, Michigan
Got a 7.5 foot Unimesh up last week and it came with an:
AORSAT Polaris
C Band LNBF
Temp 30k
Gain 60
Serial# 3081049

Or should I put my GeoSat Pro CK 1 on it?

I'll be able to get both C and KU band with the CK 1, but will I gain any on the C band with the CK 1 or would the AORSAT be better for Cband. Thanks for any input you guys may have.

tdti1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 23, 2004
Montreal, QC
Well since you have a dish for ku then you can use the big dish for c-band only. I have read good things about the Geosat dual c-band feed, you can look into that one to.

AJV

SatelliteGuys Guru
Dec 6, 2008
Cadillac, Michigan
I installed the CK 1 today and am pleased with the improvement in the signal quality off of C band. I haven't tried for anything on KU band yet. I bought a 9" LCD tv from Walmart earlier this spring and makes it a lot easier for setting up the dish. Thanks for your opinions.

AJV

SatelliteGuys Guru
Dec 6, 2008
Cadillac, Michigan
I'm going to peak it for C band. If I get ku will be a bonus. That's why have the 120cm. I will let you know when I get it peaked in. I tried a ku scan on 99W last night after I go done messing with it and was not good. C band was good. I think I remember someone on this forum saying something on that line, that if you tune in for c band that ku band suffers. I had the CK 1 lnbf, so that is why I'm using it. If I did not have it already, I would have got a C band only lnbf. It would be nice if I get both good, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I will try to post a signal and quality post later.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
I had mine setup for C and KU band a few weeks ago. Most of the Ku seemed to be there but I seemed to be losing a lot of the weaker stuff. Example 125W on the PBS stuff. It seemed to be pretty good on 97W though. Blind

toucan-man

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 13, 2008
Wisconsin
Got a 7.5 foot Unimesh up last week and it came with an:
AORSAT Polaris
C Band LNBF
Temp 30k
Gain 60
Serial# 3081049

Or should I put my GeoSat Pro CK 1 on it?

I'll be able to get both C and KU band with the CK 1, but will I gain any on the C band with the CK 1 or would the AORSAT be better for Cband. Thanks for any input you guys may have.

Resurrecting an old thread. I have this same lnbf, the Norsat Polaris. It too came from a 7.5' Unimesh. Wonder what vintage these are ? Have used it for years and have had no reason to change it out but may go modern very soon. Would like to find a data sheet on it. Google turns up almost nothing. None of these old lnbfs show up for sale on eBay currently nor in completed listings. What can you tell me about this little guy ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)