Apartment - tripod mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zenmaster

Original poster
May 15, 2013
LA county California
I live in an apartment and am only allowed to hook up on a tripod on my patio. A few quick questions:

1. What do I need to buy? I see some tripod kits on amazon but do they contain everything I need?

2. Is there an additional charge to hook it up to a tripod?

My apartment maintenance guy said something about using cinder blocks and a tripod? Any help?

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

What are you looking for, sd or hd? The tripod for each is different. The hd mast is 2" but the sd mast is 1.625". Actually you could just get a tripod that would fit both. If you can't get one locally, check here: www.solidsignal.com Assuming you get the tripod yourself, Directv should have everything else you will likely need. You might want to consider a sled instead of a tripod. They are held down with cinder blocks. How will you get the cable into your apartment? Are you allowed to drill through the walls? If not, you may need to get a special cable that's flat.

Thanks for the fast reply! This will be HD. I will check out the sleds. Do you have any links for that? My apartment manager said it is ok to install so I guess it is ok? I will have to ask. There appears to be an old hole patched up on my patio. If not do I just search for flat cable?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)