Apex taking over for Express??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wobbie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2004
has anyone heard anything about Apex taking over the contract from Express Communications as the HSP in the midwest??

dssinstalls said:
Hey Bud, I was told by those in the know that it wasn't true...But who knows!!! if it is going to happen look for it in march...

Laters

i would tell you welcome to satelliteguys since it is your first post, but i see you joined in 2003. don't be a stranger.

Hey Bud....well i guess those in the know....don't know!! anyways...IT'S SOLD!!!! to prem/apex give me a call I'll fill you in.....it's a good thing for you so call me!!

Laters,,
dssinstalls

I work for Express Comm and just found out yesterday that we merged with Premier.....Thanks for the notice to our mgmt team who kept it tight lipped......Does anyone out here know anything about Premier, or where I can find some info. Kinda nice to learn about the company you are working for......Thanks

I use to work for Express until Premier took over Express as midwest HSP. They switched us from hourly to piece pay. They say we are gonna make more money but I dont see how. Now we have to pay for own gas and sometimes we drive 300+ miles in a day. Thats atleast $50 in gas right there. If anyone here works for Premier let me know if you guys do make good money. Much appreciated.

Shop got flooded with ex-premiere installers looking for work over the last three days. Wish I had more work to go around.

Riddle me this ... $13.00 for a dish upgrade (round to phaseIII)?

Maybe in major metropolitan area, but here where we can go 20-50 miles between jobs .. they must be on crack.

You said 2200 a pay period. Is that every two weeks and are you a 4 day tech or 5-6 day tech. I'm currently at Express and looking at the codes they just handed us, when you break it down we are loosing $$. Buying the parts isn't bad, because I can't find them cheaper anywhere else, and it's pre-tax payments, which make life at tax time awesome for me. I use a spreadsheet that was designed for just this type of work.

But on the topic for Premier/Express pay, I'm a bit unsure, change is great if it works.......

Hey Neyko and Dalos2004 I heard something like $48.00 an install plus $14.00 for each additional reciever. I'm wondering how a guy grosses $2200 a pay period at those rates. 4 reciever install paying $90.00 sounds low to me.

Hey wobbie, here's my thought on the 2200 a pay period. The only way that tech is grossing that is this: he is a P.O.V (Personal Owned Vehicle) which is what I am, and I get $57 for a IE or MC, and $17 per AO. So a MC-A3 would be $91.20. Now times that by 3 jobs a day =273.60 x 5 day work week=1368 x 2 weeks in pay period should be $2736. Minus 19% in payroll tax (Possibly claiming 4-5)=519.84, would bring the net to $2216.16.

But we all know that this isn't a perfect world, and I don't know of anyone getting 3 A3's a day straight. Now a C.O.V (Company Owned Vehicle), they get 48.00 for a dish and 14.00 for each AO. But that's using Prem/Express's trucks and not a personal. We were just told that we are no longer working a 4 day week and are moving to a mandatory 5 day, with the 6th & 7th day being optional for now. So I guess there is room for the "ching". However, we travel between 15 & 20 miles per job in some routes and 1-3 miles in others, all depends on who "P*****'d of the dispatcher the night before.

I would love to drive only 15-20 miles between jobs. We had a guy last week who put on 650 miles in 2 days. Thats around $100 in gas and $250 in jobs. So in those 2 days he made $150. That just sucks.

Neyko, I can understand your numbers, but even if you get 3 A3's a day your still looking at 10 to 12 hour days. Factor in your cost of gas and supplies and what are you "really" netting, I've heard that even if you drive a comany vehicle you will need to buy your own supplies. How good of work can be done at those rates. I figure on average an hour a reciever for the install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)