App-based security flaws (FB and Dropbox) and probably others... iOS and Android...

Well, just don't give anyone physical access to your iOS devices and you will be safe.
Make sure to pin-protect them and set them to erase all the data after 10 failed attempts.
iPad and iPhone are not intended as multi-user devices. Even email cannot be password-protected!
I guess Apple just wants everyone to "get your own" ;)
If you do share your iPad with others then don't put any sensitive data on it.

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

Well, just don't give anyone physical access to your iOS devices and you will be safe.
Make sure to pin-protect them and set them to erase all the data after 10 failed attempts.
iPad and iPhone are not intended as multi-user devices. Even email cannot be password-protected!
I guess Apple just wants everyone to "get your own" ;)
If you do share your iPad with others then don't put any sensitive data on it.

Its not about sharing, its about if your device gets stolen.

And its not about Apple or Android, its about the apps themselves.

It's not easy to get through the pin code lock, and also the remote wipe out via Find iPhone can be of help.
Those who steal your iPad can probably make more money by selling the device itself, than the data it contains. So most won't even bother breaking in unless you leave it wide open.

I have the 10 tries and device wipe feature enabled on my iphone with a 5 minute autolock. The phone has my email password, by far the most important password since you can reset most passwords with email.

It's not easy to get through the pin code lock, and also the remote wipe out via Find iPhone can be of help.
Those who steal your iPad can probably make more money by selling the device itself, than the data it contains. So most won't even bother breaking in unless you leave it wide open.

I don't know about that. Say you find a phone on the street - not being a crook -- aren't people naturally inclined to see what is on it? I suspect many are.

Double-edge sword. Locking the phone down protects your privacy, but doing so makes it harder to use.