App

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dugan5468

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Columbiana, Ohio
Just came back to dtv.... Trying to use the app on an iPhone 7. When I try to log in I keep getting a message that says "cannot connect to server". Any ideas

Thanks

Dugan

Assuming your login data is correct, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Just came back to dtv.... Trying to use the app on an iPhone 7. When I try to log in I keep getting a message that says "cannot connect to server". Any ideas

Thanks

Dugan

Have you already registered your iPhone 7/app while on the same Wifi network as your genie? If so, and you get this while outside your home, this is a known issue (still happening to me). If you are getting this while trying to register your device while on the same Wifi network, then this is also apparently a known issue with some versions of the Genie software. It happened to me and resolved once I got another genie software update.

(So now I can watch all channels on my phone while on home Wifi, and I can pretty much watch all channels except locals and my DVR when I’m outside the home.)

I had the same issue with the app. I did an online chat and they re-synced the genie on their end and then I was able to connect. however, I still can't get it to find the genie on the network. glad it's a known issue as mentioned above.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)