Apparently you cannot stream Netflix on the Hopper while streaming VOD on a Wireless Joey.

All of the free Video on Demand content that I have used has streamed and downloaded onto the Hopper3 Hard drive. It shows up in the On Demand Folder under DVR. Also with my fast internet connection (100 Mbps) a 2 hour movie downloads to the hard drive in ~ 15 minutes. Other than the newer movies that say “No recording” I have not found any VOD that is not stored on the hard drive. What VOD content are you finding that is streamed but not downloaded? If it is not downloaded I imagine that trick play such as pause and skip ahead would not work.
Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Movies old and newer and TV Shows, often the latest. It seems all of the latest TV shows Of the last 30 VOD's, I can recall only ONE being downloaded on the HDD. Now, I think the Younger TV Series is still downloaded to HDD, but I find that can be true if Dish has only the SD version of the channel, and allowed to skip back and forth at will and NO COMMERCIALS. It seems every time I want to VOD, it is STREAMED, and my big complaint there is that sometimes I only want to watch the latter part of a movie or TV Show because I already viewed the first half or 3/4, but the streamed VOD (and even some of the donwloaded content) prohibits any skip forward or FF. Absolutely NUTS.

Movies old and newer and TV Shows, often the latest. It seems all of the latest TV shows Of the last 30 VOD's, I can recall only ONE being downloaded on the HDD. Now, I think the Younger TV Series is still downloaded to HDD, but I find that can be true if Dish has only the SD version of the channel, and allowed to skip back and forth at will and NO COMMERCIALS. It seems every time I want to VOD, it is STREAMED, and my big complaint there is that sometimes I only want to watch the latter part of a movie or TV Show because I already viewed the first half or 3/4, but the streamed VOD (and even some of the donwloaded content) prohibits any skip forward or FF. Absolutely NUTS.

I have noticed the same thing, I used to think that when you selected the VOD program that it was downloaded to the Hopper. In practice I have noticed that ALL of them stream, no matter how much you have watched of it, or if you pause and come back to it. They ALL stream, and all of them must buffer before you can see any of it. I have started programs, then decided to watch later thinking it would download and I could just watch it like a dvr'd program. Not so, even if I have watched more than half of the program and come back, it starts buffering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)