Apple Announces new iPhone 5

Neutron said:
Its gonna be expensive for those of us currently in contracts. I doubt the wireless carriers will make an exception like AT&T did when the 3GS came out and allowed those with a 3G that got them the year prior to upgrade early.

The battery in my 4S is showing signs of not holding a charge like it did when I first got it but that's to be expected.

If you're having battery issues after less than a year, I would contact apple to see what they can do.

If you're having battery issues after less than a year, I would contact apple to see what they can do.

I'll see what they say. I didn't add AppleCare to my phone though I did on my wife's since she dropped it on day 29 of having it. :eek:

Mine still holds a charge but it's not like it was a year ago brand new. I can barely use it and it's already down to 82% after being 3 hours off the charger. I usually have to connect it to the charger by 3-4pm in order to have enough juice for the end of the day.

I hope the iphone 5 lives up to expectations:

Just saw this bit of speculation-

Let the frenzy begin!
I think 22% is a bit crazy of an estimate. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it won't just be a blip on the radar, but the idea that 1 out of 5 Android users will jump ship is something that is a pipe dream IMO. I'd say a "best case" scenario would be at 10%.

I'll see what they say. I didn't add AppleCare to my phone though I did on my wife's since she dropped it on day 29 of having it. :eek:

Mine still holds a charge but it's not like it was a year ago brand new. I can barely use it and it's already down to 82% after being 3 hours off the charger. I usually have to connect it to the charger by 3-4pm in order to have enough juice for the end of the day.
According to Apple's website:

[h=2]WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?[/h]This warranty does not apply to any non-Apple branded hardware products or any software, even if packaged or sold with Apple hardware. Manufacturers, suppliers, or publishers, other than Apple, may provide their own warranties to you but Apple, in so far as permitted by law, provides their products "AS IS". Software distributed by Apple with or without the Apple brand (including, but not limited to system software) is not covered by this warranty. Please refer to the licensing agreement accompanying the software for details of your rights with respect to its use. Apple does not warrant that the operation of the Apple Product will be uninterrupted or error-free. Apple is not responsible for damage arising from failure to follow instructions relating to the Apple Product's use.
This warranty does not apply: (a) to consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (b) to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports; (c) to damage caused by use with another product; (d) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external cause; (e) to damage caused by operating the Apple Product outside Apple's published guidelines; (f) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider ("AASP"); (g) to an Apple Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Apple; (h) to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the Apple Product, or (i) if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the Apple Product.

Still, it can't hurt to bring it into an Apple store and see if they can help. Hell they replaced my Jailbroken iPad 2 with a new one because it had a minor yet annoying scratch on the screen, so anything is possible. The worst thing they can do is say "No."

I hope the iphone 5 lives up to expectations:

Just saw this bit of speculation-

Let the frenzy begin!

Absolutely FASCINATING! I may have difficulty in ordering one online. My 3GS battery is dying rapidly. I think I will have to charge it twice a day soon.

Neutron said:

Mine was doing the same a few months back. Hard reset worked for me. Hold start and home button at the same time.

tigerfan33 said:
Mine was doing the same a few months back. Hard reset worked for me. Hold start and home button at the same time.

I do the home and power button trick every few days.

Tonight my wife started complaining about her cell phone. Hasn't done that since about 3 weeks before the 4s was released. Anyone think there is a coincidence that she wants an iphone 5? I think I'm the only one in her circles who doesn't have an iphone. :D

Don Landis said:
Tonight my wife started complaining about her cell phone. Hasn't done that since about 3 weeks before the 4s was released. Anyone think there is a coincidence that she wants an iphone 5? I think I'm the only one in her circles who doesn't have an iphone. :D
Makes me think that Apple took a few pointers from "Bladerunner". New iPhones are about to be released: Time to Die...

I get maybe 6-9 hours run time on my old GSM iPhone 4.
Luckily, I can live with that without inconvenience.
But used outside all day with brightness at max, GPS on, and a busy 3G data stream, probably less.
An extra 2-3 mm thicker battery would have been welcome.
Don't they even ASK users what's important?

But this B/S with a different charging port?
That's a deal-breaker.
I'm so tired of three types of USB, HDMI, & SATA connectors!

I am really on the fence here.

I like my iPhone 4S and it does almost everything I want it to. There better be some features in the hardware that make me want to upgrade. Sure a bigger screen would be nice, but that alone is not going to sell me.

I am really on the fence here.

I like my iPhone 4S and it does almost everything I want it to. There better be some features in the hardware that make me want to upgrade. Sure a bigger screen would be nice, but that alone is not going to sell me.

Based on the rumors of what the iPhone 5 has I would tend to agree with you on that. My 4S does everything I need it to. The iOS upgrade will be very nice. Not sure a .5" screen size increase would be enough for me to shell out full retail for it.

... and for those finding reduced battery life after a year if service, I have two suggestions:

- look harshly at your default settings, and 3rd party applications
an animated theme or screen saver eats battery pointlessly
does every app on the phone need 24/7 GPS? (no!)
I poll for mail hourly; how often do you?
full brightness on the screen seems one of the worst battery eaters, and isn't needed indoors.

- I've put new batteries into my 3GS & iPhone 4 for under $10, each.
Parts on Amazon; info on YouTube.
(search for my previous discussion putting bigger batt in 3GS, & getting several more hours)

Don't retire an iPhone while there's still life in it.
Or if you do, send the old one to me. ;)

I think the big thing will be LTE for most people....to be honest though now that I have had it for a while, I find myself on wifi mostly anyways and also I dont stream videos to my phone so I dont NEED it, but it would be nice to have. I think the one thing that would be nice to see is NFC on the iphone that works for things like movie tickets etc!

I think the big thing will be LTE for most people....to be honest though now that I have had it for a while, I find myself on wifi mostly anyways and also I dont stream videos to my phone so I dont NEED it, but it would be nice to have. I think the one thing that would be nice to see is NFC on the iphone that works for things like movie tickets etc!

Supposedly it will have it and possibly will be turned on for the 4 and 4S since the passbook feature in iOS 6 when they showed it off in June does this.

I am on AT&T and there is no LTE here from them yet. I don't plan on switching to Verizon just to get LTE as I have been happy with my AT&T service (note you didn't see me say that when the iPhone 3 came out... AT&T has sure done a lot of work to their network in a positive way!)

I am on AT&T and there is no LTE here from them yet. I don't plan on switching to Verizon just to get LTE as I have been happy with my AT&T service (note you didn't see me say that when the iPhone 3 came out... AT&T has sure done a lot of work to their network in a positive way!)

AT&T will probably have you covered with LTE within a few months. They are working fast to catch up to VZ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)